Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
US Army Retired
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a 410 build starting with D1 block. Yea I know the block isn't the best choice but it is what I have now.

The plan includes head and main studs with a short fill of hard block and a main girdle. Planning on a forged rotating kit of course with 12.5/1 or so of compression. Also looking at using crank spacers and using a crank with 2.75 inch mains. Cam will be custom of course. To top it off a nice little 150-200 shot of nitrous to push it to the magic 600+ number.

Any recommendation on pistons(ring package), tb or intake. Any constructive changes or recommendations are welcome.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Street motor? Drag only?

Mine makes around 625. No nitrous. Simple build. C9 block filled 3/4" way up the WP holes studs in bottom and in heads, and I use a parts retainer (main girdle). Mahle flat tops, 6.300 rods, 4" stroke 3" mains, alky injected, super victor and AFR225's. Simple build and runs 5.90's with a mild converter. Good converter puts it in the high 70's and low 80s at 119.

The only thing is, they don't last forever at those power levels. I normally get a couple seasons out of them (about 500 passes give or take).

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Todd, why did you go with a 6.30 rod instead of the typical 6.20 for a 408 setup? Whats your compression ratio? Any work done to those 225s? You're running 5.90s on motor? What kind of RPM and how big is the cam?

·
Registered
201 Posts
find a 69 shortblock,balance it,put some good pistons in it and whatever heads you are gonna use and have fun.It's a disposable motor don't spend more than you have to.I have gone 9.40's with stock crank and rod motor,and I have 800+ passes on it.not all 9.40's but average is probably 10.0-10.50 and probably 40k on the street

1 - 7 of 7 Posts