Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’d say the RPM ll and the 70mm TB
70mm Accufab is 800 CFM capable, motor perhaps a shade over 700CFM. RPM II can flow 300 with a little work. Used with 3.5” power pipe and no MAF velocities are good.
OP is running strictly street so off throttle / part throttle transitions are important. Now if the cam changes to more duration and tighter LSA, then ya go big induction. I question 6500 rpm, but motor should make good power to 6000.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
70mm Accufab is 800 CFM capable, motor perhaps a shade over 700CFM. RPM II can flow 300 with a little work. Used with 3.5” power pipe and no MAF velocities are good.
OP is running strictly street so off throttle transitions are important. Now if the cam changes to more duration and tighter LSA, then ya go big induction. I question 6500 rpm, but motor should make good power to 6000.
Rpm range for my cam is advertised 2700-6300 and above, I plan on spinning it till it stops making power as long as that threshold remains under 7000 rpm. No clue if the induction system will deliver but the hot rod magazine article that built a 505 hp 357 shut the pull down at 6700 hence why I’m prepared to spin it that high.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rpm range for my cam is advertised 2700-6300 and above, I plan on spinning it till it stops making power as long as that threshold remains under 7000 rpm. No clue if the induction system will deliver but the hot rod magazine article that built a 505 hp 357 shut the pull down at 6700 hence why I’m prepared to spin it that high.
[/QUOTE

Hope you reach your goal, should be a fun ride in any case!

·
Registered
496 Posts
My bad, I mixed up Cclaro and azmack post about the restriction. I think your induction system should have no problems getting you 400+ Hp

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My bad, I mixed up Cclaro and azmack post about the restriction. I think your induction system should have no problems getting you 400+ Hp
I have plans on running e 85 as well depending if it’s widely available and I’ll have decent gains. Possibly a 100 shot of nitrous down the line but the hyper pistons may not like that haha

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I would go with a forged piston like Wiseco if you are even considering going with any nitrous, not sure if it is too late to change it or not.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Any recommendations on a decent set of mufflers?
I like dynomax ultra flos. That with 3in all the way thru and long tubes is a good setup.

·
Registered
1993 LX, 3.5" stroke carbed 351w 11R190 heads
62 Posts
I'm really digging this stock stroke thread. I'm in the process of building my 3.5" 351. I debated going 408, but really wanted to be different I guess with everyone and their grandma running strokers. I completely understand why, I just want to make decent power and be able to say its NOT stroked. Build details: .060 over non roller block, SCAT 9000 series crank, SCAT forged rods, DSS forged pistons, 11r190 heads, Stealth intake, 750 DP carb, Lunati link bar lifters, Voodoo cam, 272/280 549/565 cam. I could have gone with a bigger or custom camshaft. I'm hoping for 375whp.

·
Old timer
6,024 Posts
Your LSA on NA would have been better around 112. You also could have run a bit more compression.

make sure you are using a windage tray

That 450 is probably optimistic.
The more efficient the cylinder head, the less overlap is required.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I would go with a forged piston like Wiseco if you are even considering going with any nitrous, not sure if it is too late to change it or not.
Sadly it is ): I regret not going forged from the get go but a lot has changed from my original intentions, nitrous is just up in THR air right now but I plan on having the car apart again much later down the line and stuffing a forged crank and piston with some boost

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm really digging this stock stroke thread. I'm in the process of building my 3.5" 351. I debated going 408, but really wanted to be different I guess with everyone and their grandma running strokers. I completely understand why, I just want to make decent power and be able to say its NOT stroked. Build details: .060 over non roller block, SCAT 9000 series crank, SCAT forged rods, DSS forged pistons, 11r190 heads, Stealth intake, 750 DP carb, Lunati link bar lifters, Voodoo cam, 272/280 549/565 cam. I could have gone with a bigger or custom camshaft. I'm hoping for 375whp.
Sounds like it’s gonna be a fun ride for sure! I just feared a stroker would snowball into a car too much for me to handle on the street haha. My buddy’s dad picked up a fully built gt500 with the 5.4 and it puts down 650 to the tire. Downright scary on the street for me with a regular street tire.

·
Registered
1993 LX, 3.5" stroke carbed 351w 11R190 heads
62 Posts
Sounds like it’s gonna be a fun ride for sure! I just feared a stroker would snowball into a car too much for me to handle on the street haha. My buddy’s dad picked up a fully built gt500 with the 5.4 and it puts down 650 to the tire. Downright scary on the street for me with a regular street tire.
That is my goal too. I want the car to be very street friendly and drive it to its potential. I've road in a few 550-650 whp cars and I don't want that. I think it's more fun to drive a slower car fast, than a faster car slow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That is my goal too. I want the car to be very street friendly and drive it to its potential. I've road in a few 550-650 whp cars and I don't want that. I think it's more fun to drive a slower car fast, than a faster car slow.
I just wanted a fun daily driver that could put a smile on my face whenever I put my foot down! However I also wanted a goal to work towards and I think it’s gonna get there!

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I have plans on running e 85 as well depending if it’s widely available and I’ll have decent gains. Possibly a 100 shot of nitrous down the line but the hyper pistons may not like that haha
E85 likes compression. It will be interesting to see how much you gain with E85 considering the modest compression of your build.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
E85 likes compression. It will be interesting to see how much you gain with E85 considering the modest compression of your build.
Exactly, I’m gonna talk to whoever I decide to tune the car with about their take on it and go from there. Anyone in soflo know good dyno shops?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts