Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current economic and legislative environment is emboldening governments to become more aggressive with their anti-auto hobby legislation and lawmakers are already gearing up for the next session.

This is a perfect time to get involved and establish relationships with these important decision makers so that they do the right thing for the hobby. Please visit www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=61682 for the tools that you need to make a difference in 2011.

·
Registered
15,899 Posts
Shouldn't this Semen stuff be in politics?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mean to start a debate but I believe it should be here, in the Lounge, for all to see, since these are issues that can/will effect all of us as automotive enthusiasts united by our passion.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
Shouldn't this Semen stuff be in politics?
This is a Legislative thread. ;) The Politics section is where people huddle into corners with people who agree with them and fling poop at those who don't...and for the topics that fuel it.

·
Corral Day Kittah
16,060 Posts
This is about the hobby and the enthusiasts that fuel it. ;)

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
x2 they want all this support from the public , but the public can not attend their shows ....#### em .. they will not get a dollar or support from me
:rofl: Well there's a lot of bluster for nothing. :rofl:

They're a trade organization. They don't ask for money from the public; they're funded by all those Specialty Equipment Manufacturers that comprise their Association. Their annual show isn't open to the public because it's a tradeshow.

I'm trying to think of any other place but the Corral Lounge where an organization looking out for the best legislative interests of us, car enthusiasts, and those who cater to us, would get pushback for saying "here's how to help".

Nope. Can't think of one. Not a single one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
x2 they want all this support from the public , but the public can not attend their shows ....#### em .. they will not get a dollar or support from me
As MFE stated very clearly, SEMA is a non-profit trade organization and the show is for SEMA member companies.

SAN (the SEMA Action Network) is the partnership of car clubs, individual enthusiasts, and the specialty automotive industry who work together to impact legislation that effects the hobby as a whole. SAN is free to join and you can learn more about us at www.SEMASAN.com.

·
The one with the most
19,422 Posts
:rofl: Well there's a lot of bluster for nothing. :rofl:

They're a trade organization. They don't ask for money from the public; they're funded by all those Specialty Equipment Manufacturers that comprise their Association. Their annual show isn't open to the public because it's a tradeshow.

I'm trying to think of any other place but the Corral Lounge where an organization looking out for the best legislative interests of us, car enthusiasts, and those who cater to us, would get pushback for saying "here's how to help".

Nope. Can't think of one. Not a single one.
To many it is a matter of "Do our foot work for us, support us but you can't come here" kind of thing. Buyers buy the parts that support the manufacturers and they rely on SEMA for whatever reasons. Regardless of what you think you should at least try to understand that some may resent that the money they have to spend is good enough but they are not allowed in a show that displays the goods.

I know what a trade show is and what it is for so you don't need to respond with your typical condescending tone you can't help but use. I could care less about going to a SEMA show, I was just asking. However, I can see how not being welcome would bother some people. I may not be one of them but I understand. Any other kind of trade show and most would not care at all. Since we are talking about car parts you can expect it to get a bit "emotional".

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
To many it is a matter of "Do our foot work for us, support us but you can't come here" kind of thing. Buyers buy the parts that support the manufacturers and they rely on SEMA for whatever reasons. Regardless of what you think you should at least try to understand that some may resent that the money they have to spend is good enough but they are not allowed in a show that displays the goods.

I know what a trade show is and what it is for so you don't need to respond with your typical condescending tone you can't help but use. I could care less about going to a SEMA show, I was just asking. However, I can see how not being welcome would bother some people. I may not be one of them but I understand. Any other kind of trade show and most would not care at all. Since we are talking about car parts you can expect it to get a bit "emotional".
And yet again, you've managed to somehow convince yourself I was addressing you.

Seems to me you'd be a lot less pissy than you've been toward me lately if you'd quit doing that :rofl:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With all due respect guys, let's keep this to just SAN - the enthusiast network in the battle to protect America's automotive heritage. I, for one (and I'm sure speak for many others), want to make sure that I can pass all the knowledge and joy that cars have given me though the years onto my grandkids. If we're not informed, united, and capable to making our voices heard, then our rights as enthusiasts will be eroded down to nothing.

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
wut? they charge?

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Def the biggest issue our nation is facing right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts