Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other weird lefty-long-gun, but righty-hand gun shooters? :confused:

Shoulder arms are the only thing I do left handed. Been doing it for so long, when I finally got two bolt-action lefties, I'm STILL struggling getting the round fed.... :eek:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts

Shoulder arms are the only thing I do left handed. Been doing it for so long, when I finally got two bolt-action lefties, I'm STILL struggling getting the round fed.... :eek:
Have you tried wearing panties on your head like Nick Cage in Firebirds? It worked for him.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
even though i am a closet lefty, i am right eye dominant, so i shoot from the right side regardless of whether i shoot a handgun or a rifle. that said however, i can shoot just as well from the left side, i just have to remember to use my left eye when sighting.

·
Registered
248 Posts

That would be me as well. My oldest brother was a lefty and taught me to shoot archery, billiards, etc.

Lems

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, had I not been a LEO, I'd probably be a lefty handgun shooter as well. I recall as a kid playing cowboys and injuns, I used my left hand. :surprise:

Back at the academy (late '60's), you were a right-handed shooter, or you were made into a right-handed shooter; no lefties at all... also, there were no left handed holsters (at least in my old department). When they finally acquired left-handed holsters for the natural lefties, they needed to figure out in "line-up" that all lefties needed to be at the right side of the formation, and righties on the left end of the line.

But I remain a right-handed handgun shooter. I guess over the years, I learned to adjust for my left eye dominance when handgun shooting. The dominance isn't that big a deal when the weapon is at arm's length, since I'm using both eyes. Maybe the fact that I still prefer using weaver has something to do with it... ah... :cool: I don't know. I do know that I'm (in my old age) still a relatively good shot. :king:

Aloha my brethren... still good to post-up on here once in blue moon...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts