Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Mustang Gt and I am leaking coolant really bad. It just happened tonight and I stopped right away. It looked like it was coming from the back of the engine but after looking at it for a while It seems to be coming from the lower intake. Is that possible cuz the intake looks like its made out of black plastic. Well from the looks of it when I fill my radiator it starts leaking out right behind the alternator. Could it be cracked or just a hose loose. Its hard to tell. Please help!!!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
dont worry, there is a recall on this. contact your local ford dealer and tell them what happened, they will cover all expenses. someone will give you a tsb for it, i do not know it off the top of my head. you can sleep good now:lol: .

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
that o/r h-pipe shouldn't be a problem, but if you really want to be safe just switch it for now. it was a recall so even if your intake didn't blow they still have to perform the recall. i think you can leave the h-pipe on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mustang went to the ford dealership today they still havn't worked on it but I hope they do. I hope the work on it even though I have the off road h pipe on. we'll see what happens tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts