Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would be best for coilovers 12-150 springs the Lakewood 90/10 40516 or the strange 10 way str-s6005lm for my 97 cobra drag car? Thank you

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also will they work with the spherical bearing caster camber plates that's what I have

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they both work with the spherical bearings on the caster camber plates my old tokico blew

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read the strange make lots of noise because the shaft is too small in the bearing

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
strange 10 ways...

i have UPR CC plates and if it makes any noise i cant hear it over the exhaust

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
What cc plates you running. My MM plates and strange struts made a racket. Switched to LW struts and they were quiet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Strange 10 way with Team Z plates. They made them specific for the Strange strut.

The 90/10 gives you zero tuning flexibility, and lacks the ability to learn how to dial the car in for the track.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm running upr plates I was thinking of doing the Lakewood 90/10 up front and the lake wood shocks out back I don't want the strange lose in the spherical bearing

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm running upr plates I was thinking of doing the Lakewood 90/10 up front and the lake wood shocks out back I don't want the strange lose in the spherical bearing

I guess it all depends on what your goals are for now and in the future. If you want to have the ability to adjust for the track then get the team Z CC plates and Strange struts. No point in buying things multiple times down the road if your goals ultimately mean you need adjustability.

Case in point: I go to a 1/8 mile outlaw track. Prep is terrible. It's great setting up for street events we have around here. I have to run the front a bit looser and the rear looser. When I go to Cedar Falls 1/4 mile track prep is spot on. She's got some bite. We tighten things up and the car just keeps going faster and faster. I went from an off the trailer (still set up from the 1/8 track) 10.98 to a 10.71 with the only modification being tightening up the suspension to take advantage of the bite in the track. To me that's damn impressive, and worth every penny. The strange stuff is pretty cheap too in the grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the team z plates fit the strange tight?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is UPR still a vendor on here I'm looking for the forum 10% discount any one know who I can pm?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you guys ok one last important question before I purchase do I get the fox struts (Lakewood) or the sn95 ones since I'm using coilovers and light spring it will be lowered?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok fox it is will the fox alow for more travel correct

1 - 20 of 23 Posts