Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A neighbor down the street has a pair of Konig Buzz racing seats for sale for $50 for the pair. They seem to be in pretty good condition with a few dark stains on them(better than white, right?). They are blue(kind of match my interior). I currently have stock LX style seats which have no lateral support at all. If it's a good deal, what about mounting? I'd prefer to have them adjustable(fore-aft) and would like to use the factory sliders if possible. I do have access to a machine shop at work if it's easy enough to make a few adapters. Any input is appreciated. I'll probably post this in the general forum also.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
For $50, why not? I had some Buzz seats back before they were even called that and that lasted a pretty decent long time. I used the stock sliders with them: mounted some angle aluminum (all I had, but flat would do) to the seats' bottoms mounting holes and then the sliders to the aluminum. I believe I had to use spacers to get the seat backs at a decent angle. This setup passed multiple SCCA event tech inspections although I don't think those guys ever looked too closely at my setup. I drove with them on the street and felt safe *shrug*.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts