Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting koni double adjustable shocks and struts, for my fox. Does anyone know who has the best deals on them right now? Going to pull trigger this week. I have googled until I'm crossed eyed and lowest I can find is around 1300. Koni is have another deal on them so I believe I should be able to get them cheaper than that.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Maximum Motorsports usually passes any factory deals along.

I wouldn't buy them even on sale. I replaced a mismatched set of struts and shocks with the DA Koni's a couple years ago and my times went up by 2 seconds. I spent all weekend trying to find the right setting, even using the help of others that had experience with them. I sold them and bought the MM race valved Bilsteins and never looked back. I go to the track to drive, not tinker with parts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I am looking at them because my intent was to my car in three aspects of racing/ street driving. There is class for road racing that only allows small suspension changes, but a lot of people use the da shocks and struts in that class. Then I do some drag racing which I thought I could get some good results from using them there as well. Then I drive my car on the street.

I know I'm asking a lot from my car but only have money for one car. Plus the classes I enter in both RR and drag only allow: lca,uca, springs, shocks/struts, brakes. Engine is limited to gt40 equipped engines no larger than 306ci. It's a fun and non expensive classes. Plus it's very competitive. No tubular k-members

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Koni's annual 25% off spring sale should be starting soon. Vendors like MM or Solotime (who's owner is a member of this site and frequents this board) should know more details.

As for the DAs, I don't really see too many people running them any more. Once you reach that price point, you start looking at lower end ASTs, Motons, MCSs, etc.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Koni's annual 25% off spring sale should be starting soon. Vendors like MM or Solotime (who's owner is a member of this site and frequents this board) should know more details.

As for the DAs, I don't really see too many people running them any more. Once you reach that price point, you start looking at lower end ASTs, Motons, MCSs, etc.
Does this sale happen on all their struts including the single adjustables?

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
i think mm does too as i got an email about it

·
Registered
444 Posts
mm sent me an email about it a few days ago.

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
If you are going to road race the car and drag race it, I think you will be better off with the Tokico D-spec dampers. On full soft this strut is much better than the Koni DA and set in the middle, they aren't that much different for handling. The Koni DA strut won't go soft enough on rebound for good behavior in a drag racing application. Note that the Tokico shock can not be used with coilovers.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
that's what i have and love them. i haven't been back to the track with them but went fro the tokico 5ways to the Dspecs and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If you are going to road race the car and drag race it, I think you will be better off with the Tokico D-spec dampers. On full soft this strut is much better than the Koni DA and set in the middle, they aren't that much different for handling. The Koni DA strut won't go soft enough on rebound for good behavior in a drag racing application. Note that the Tokico shock can not be used with coilovers.
How are the regular single adjustable konis in terms of not being bone jarring on the street when set to full soft?

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
The Koni SA are not bone jarring at all when set to full soft. The Koni DA with its compression set to full soft, is still stiffer than the Koni SA compression damping. This makes the Koni DA not ride as well as the Koni SA under any conditions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts