Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Their phone system is still active. I didnt talk to anyone though.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Copy and pasted from another site.

Paul Brown said:
Actually we agree allot on the cars but not everything else and our relationship has changed. Kenny (dad) and I had a very, very long discussion last week before the PRI show and had discussed a number of things. I will let them fill you in on what is going on and to put the rumors to rest. It's not my place, but I will say that he is fighting a serious health issue that has taken him out of the business and I support his difficult decision.

Count him down but not out.

Paul Brown
Tiger Racing.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Glenn said:
Yeah, that crappy website hasn't been updated in a long, long time. But the bank can't lock you out of your website, now can they? I heard some of his now unemployed folks were looking for employment. I think Carrew lives near KBP, maybe he can update us?
I think they can if they take over the business. Plus if the bank took over, they would probably shut the power down. So if the internet site is on site at Kenny Brown. Then I would think it would go down also. But I could be wrong.
I just know it happened with Ramcharger's in Michigan.

·
Registered
17,035 Posts
I heard the lights are still on, warm bodys at the order desk, the phone still gets answered. They just had a right up in a magazine recently someone told me. In the past I don't believe KBP was at PRI, they had the friday evening gasoline alley open house.

I think it will be a great loss to the mustang sports and hobby if any tuner dropped out.

Although my recently aquired '89 Kenny Brown Mustang would be more valuable.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I've been trying to access their Panther section for the past two weeks. I've heard alot of varying reviews on their products in the past so it makes no difference to me, however if i buy this PI car, i'd like to have at least one tuner that has a package system for them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I spoke to some one in the know today. Kenny has been sick and in and out of the Hospital over the last 4 weeks. I've been told they are going to be sending out a Press Release in a week or so.

·
Registered
379 Posts
For Immediate Release
January 3, 2006

Cari Southworth
Corporate Communications

Kenny Brown Forced to take Medical Hiatus

Indianapolis, IN -- Effective December 1, 2005 Kenny Brown Performance temporarily suspended operations in order for Kenny Brown to take a medical hiatus.
“Kenny has been struggling with rare and reoccurring chronic sinus and upper respiratory infections for the past few years. What most are not aware of is just how serious this has been at times,” stated Cari Southworth, Kenny Brown Performance Corporate Communications Director and Kenny’s wife. “Balancing Kenny’s career and health issues has been difficult and challenging for both the business and Kenny personally, as he is a very driven person and not one to slow down voluntarily.”
In addition to handling the many facets of Kenny Brown Performance, Southworth was also managing Kenny Brown’s healthcare. “Kenny has been hospitalized multiple times within the past few months with reoccurring pneumonia and other serious complications. We needed to redirect our focus to obtaining the best possible medical care so that Kenny can fully recover. Therefore, we made the decision to temporarily suspend operations,” said Southworth. “Due to our day-to-day involvement in operations, this was a soul-searching and difficult decision to make but one that had to be done. As of right now, our top priority is for Kenny is to break this relentless cycle of infection and get well so he can get back to doing what he does best.”
According to the doctors at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, the long-term prognosis for Kenny’s recovery is very good. Kenny will undergo highly specialized sinus surgery at the Mayo Clinic in January followed by a six week regimented recovery therapy.
“We greatly appreciate the support we have received from our customers and vendors,” stated Southworth. “Once in the recovery process, Kenny will evaluate the future direction of the Kenny Brown brand, products and custom vehicles.”
In the interim, KennyBrown.com/news.cfm will be the best resource for news and updates. All correspondence, get well cards and letters can be sent to:

Kenny Brown Performance
P.O. Box 531638
Indianapolis, IN 46253

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Kermit and the Yellow car will both be Ebayed...

Also included will be the Panther, Windstar, Explorer, Dually, and the other projects...

There will be an auction on Jan 21st At the location selling off most of the heavy equipment, lifts, Dyno, Alignment rack, and all the machine shop stuff....All mustang related parts will be sold over the next few months on Ebay or ??

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Rich is working with a race team in Indy.. but I think that has fizzeled out... You can call JR @ 317/484-1401.. he can hook you up Rich...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I hate to see this happen. Best wishes to Kenny for a full and speedy recovery.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts