Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
This is the idea you should have followed. Toss the small GT40 intake in the stock power bin, and buy a TFS R lower. Port that lower to match big heads, and build a plenum/box on top of it for a W2A intercooler. Then you don't have the long mess of air piping, use the same heat exchanger etc, and make more power. The GT40 intake is a big bottleneck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
the intake valve is going to be the restriction, not the intake runner

Well, he's a two post member, with no details given, no heads also. I did say matching big heads, which to me means 300cfm(not at .700"+, but at .500"). So yes I agree the heads have to be very good.

·
Twin Screw
1,198 Posts
Or you could just dump the whole intercooler and just run water methanol right through the KB. I've done it for years no issues and iats are ok. I dont know if 92rohcp will respond back to you. I own his original 363 that , that 2.8 intercooler setup was on. I've pmd him many times and maybe he doesnt get on much anymore but I've never heard back from him. Or maybe he just isnt interested in the pushrod kb stuff anymore.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have talked to Shawn a few times about a A2A 2.2L set up i bought from someone who had this set up. Shawn said it can be a tuning headache if you don't have a good tuner. He has tried a few different engine management systems and still had small issues. his youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/roh92cp/videos maybe you can message him on there.

·
Twin Screw
1,198 Posts
I think he tried 2. Megasquirt and the Pro M. The car used to completely cut out at 5000rpm with the Pro M. Could have been anything honestly in terms of ecu. You have such a distance from the metered air reading to the engine. Best bet is to get with a exp. tuner.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Good to see a few KB guys still around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts