Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a chart that shows the average boost for a kenne bell 2.1 on a 94/95 mustang? The chart that came with the instructions appears to be for a 1.5, not the 2.1

I am looking for something in the 10-14 psi range, I currently have a 5" crank pulley (under drive from the previous owner of my car) which appears to be the same size as the one kenne bell includes in the kit. I have quite a few different pullies that came with the kit, what kind of boost can I expect with the 5" crank and a 2.25 snout pulley?

Also is it worth while to swap my crank back to the stock size and run a larger snout pulley? I've read the smaller ones can slip with the blower gets hot.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've seen that posted elsewhere on here, the only issue is I have a 5" crank pulley. I imagine the boost levels between the 2200 and the 2100 are fairly similar otherwise

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yeah I've seen that posted elsewhere on here, the only issue is I have a 5" crank pulley. I imagine the boost levels between the 2200 and the 2100 are fairly similar otherwise
Yes they are. Using that chart you can extrapolate an idea of boost with a certain pulley ratio. It would be best to run a big crank pulley over a small snout pulley.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the issue with the 94/95's is that the larger snout pulleys will hit the hood so they supply you with a smaller crank pulley. I'm currently running a stock hood on it but I can't find a chart with the supplied 5" crank pulley

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cougar5.0 said:
For a Kenne Bell, the formula is this:

Boost = [[(crank pulley diameter/blower pulley diameter)*(blower displacement in liters)/(engine displacement in liters/2)]*14.7-14.7]*0.92

Kenne Bell even has this in their FAQ. I have added the 0.92 multiplier to account for the blowers volumetric efficiency.

I’ve found this formula to be within 1lb on all my different setups, kenne bell and eaton.

I’d go to a 5.85” or 6.5” crank to avoid belt slip. Stock is 6.5” on 94-95 5.0.
5.85 will definitely clear hood, 6.5 should at 12-14psi, 10 might be close

Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
2.75 seems to be the biggest supercharger pulley to fit under the 94-95 hood so a 5.85 with 2.75 is 12lbs. Might still be a little much for some people.

·
Registered
122 Posts
2.75 seems to be the biggest supercharger pulley to fit under the 94-95 hood so a 5.85 with 2.75 is 12lbs. Might still be a little much for some people.
Wow, didn’t realize the hood clearance was that tight. I guess the ones i’ve seen have had an aftermarket hood.
Chris

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it's definitely a tight fit under the hood, you even need to cut a bit of the plastic under it just to clear the back of the blower. I do have a 2" cowl hood in my garage but it needs to be primed/painted etc (not planning on running a big white hood on my all black mustang since it looks stupid) so I'll be sticking with the stock one for the time being. I imagine the cowl will help keep that thing cool though, being so close to the hood has to be part of the reason these things tend to get so heat soaked

1 - 9 of 9 Posts