Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may be a long shot- but maybe someone really smart can help. I bought the taillight conversion kit for Cervini. This one Mustang Tail Light Conversion Kit, 05-09 Mustang Kits - Cervini's Auto Designs The wiring is all plug and play so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue. For some reason the left turn signal keeps blowing out. I initially had a higher amp Optimum battery so I thought maybe that was the problem. I've replaced it with a low amp in the 500 range and it's still blowing out. This only happens on the left turn signal rear. The altenator was rebuilt about two years ago and works fine- but I'm starting to wonder if it is overcharging. I'm looking for some clues to check into. Thanks

·
Registered
23,232 Posts
amperage of battery has nothing to do with it..........you could have a 5 million amp battery, and if the light draws 1 amp.....guess what......it draws 1 amp.

if you think you have an over voltage situation from the alt, why don't you measure it and tell us what it is.

Reactions: rlucky

·
Registered
6 Posts
amperage of battery has nothing to do with it..........you could have a 5 million amp battery, and if the light draws 1 amp.....guess what......it draws 1 amp.

if you think you have an over voltage situation from the alt, why don't you measure it and tell us what it is.
I agree it seems as if your alternator is putting out too much voltage which means your regulator might be bad. is there anyway you can put a current meter inline with the new light and see how much current its drawing then compare to the other side.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'm a bit of novice so I will search around and figure how to research your suggestions on voltage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts