Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where the A-Arms mounting points are in comparison to a 79-86 or 87-93 k-member.

I ask cause I'm thinking of maybe putting a 4.6 in my coupe but I'm running the 03 a-arms with an 85 k-member and I'm worried about pushing the wheels out too far.

·
Registered
394 Posts
mounting points should all be the same other than the 05+ platform...the difference should be in the body changes...as the 94+ platforms were a bit wider...and pushed the A-arms slightly outward more than the fox...

doesnt your 03 arms push the wheels outward more?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
From the 79-04, the FCA mounting points on the k-member were in at least five different locations.

An 85 k-member has the mounting locations pulled in about 1/2" per side in comparison to the 90-93 k-member. Whether this works with the SN95 FCAs is a function of what tire and wheel size/offset you are going to use.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm asking if I swap to a 96-98 k-member if it'll push the a-arms out more than the 1/2" the 90-93 k-member does?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, so did they pull the a-arms in again on the newer ones to compensate for the longer a-arms?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
right thats what I have on my 86 coupe right now 86 K member and sn95 A arms. I was wondering if fox aero fox width K member with fox length A arms was better than 86 K with sn95.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, with that setup it's very hard to get any camber out of it. You currently have the optimum setup aside from tubular.

At least according to what I've read on here anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts