1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm I going in the right direction?

I just order H&R Race Springs
Bilstien HD struts and Shocks
The car already ready had LCA, SFCs and MM CC plates.
Its has cobra breaks all around
Whats next?

One other questing.

The car is really really low right now "the stock springs were cut" Its so low the tires rub when turning and the struts bottom out on most bumps in the road. ( I can't wait to slap on the H&R springs to bring it back up) Would this cause my steering to be sloppy? There is a fair bit of play in the steering and I know that won't cut it for auto X.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Check your steering shaft, ball joints, and inner/outer tie rod ends. Make sure everything else is in top shape too.

Also I highly recommend any driving school you can attend, especially the Evolution School.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Whats next?
NOTHING!!!

just drive it

actually, tires will be the mod that buys you the biggest improvement ... but before you buy yourself four more wheels and some stickies, drive in at least 6 events.
that will (a.) let you learn what the car does and (b.) help you decide if you even like the sport before you spend thousands more. :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i have H&R Race springs and was told by Maximum Motorsports that the Bilstein Sports are better valved for those springs over the HD units. FWIW... if you dont have it already (didn't see it listed) get the 4 point K-member brace from MM... what a nice addition and it really helps to stiffen the front end, especially when going over speed bumps and such iregularities.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check those LCA's(I am ASSuming rear). Be aware that drag race style LCA's can cause binding resulting in a squirrely rear end.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Look me up the next event September 4th WDCR car 4CP. what car class are you in? (fs, esp, sm or cp). In the higher class a torsen t2r is a great addition (rear diff).

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looking at the current mods, the car appears to be in Street Mod.

I would suggest that you install the springs, get an alignment and run it the way it is for several events. After you figure out if you like it and have a baseline of performance, it will be time to look at additional modifications. A school is definitely recommended whether it is a local offering or a good professional school such as Evolution. Also, either in a school or at an event, try to get an experienced driver who is familiar with the type of car you have to drive your car and evaluate it. You will have an idea of it's potential and a list of useful changes you can make. Depending on how much you want to prepare the car within the rules, Street Mod can get pretty expensive if you want to be nationally competitive. The slop in the steering "might" be related to the cut springs. I would evaluate that after the new springs and alignment.

Most of all, have fun with it.

Al H

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope to have all my parts this weekend so I can install them. Ho can I tell if my LCAs and drag or for street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts