Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone I couldn't wait for a supercharger so I bought a NX kit with the Gen 2 upgrade today. I was wondering what else do I need? injectors? what size fuel pump? Also what gauges do you think would be most effective to monitor the nitrous? what about an adjustable fuel regulator?

Last question...I promise...how did you wire the microswitches. I just want to make sure in the event I miss a gear and the rpms shoot up, I'm not dumping nitrous into the engine. I talked to someone who had it setup to where he had to push the button on the button on his knob each time after he switched gears.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Are you auto or 5-speed?

If you're 5 speed, I'd suggest an MSD window switch. Sure you don't "need" one, but it definately makes for easier breathing if you know the nitrous system can only activate above 3k RPM and below 6k RPM.

As for FPR, injectors, etc you don't need 'em (100 shot or less). I opted for the FP gauge, just to ensure the Hobbs switch included in the GenX-2 kit was working properly. Anything less than 35psi, and the circuit won't close.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How about different plugs
Autolites 764s 1 heat ranger cooler or
NGK TR6s.

Also I would deffinetly retard timming some. I am sure there will be some people saying it's not needed. I would also suggest a dyno tune if possible, to make sure that's it not leaning out. If you lean it out then you'll be replacing alot of broken parts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: $$$$$

BOOST said:
if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the kit and where did you get it at?

Thanks
A buddy of mine has a dealership with NX, so I bought the kit at cost. It was something like $550

1 - 8 of 8 Posts