Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how quiet can a turbo car get?

i read in magazines all the time about how stealthy a turbo v8 mustang can be.

can you have a 9 second street car and it sound like a docile 13sec car at an idle? i just dont get it.

turbo acts like a muffler itself?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Just how quiet can a turbo car get?

i read in magazines all the time about how stealthy a turbo v8 mustang can be.

can you have a 9 second street car and it sound like a docile 13sec car at an idle? i just dont get it.

turbo acts like a muffler itself?

You got it. I don't even run mufflers and it's not too loud.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mine makes a hair over 600rwhp on low boost for street running, and when you are at a stoplight it doesn't sound loud at all, and it runs dynomax bullets, plus it has a large cam in it (close to .700" 240+* of duration), and there is hardly any chop at idle, you would never know that the car was capable of running close to 142 mph in the quarter on the street setup. Most turbo cams have an LSA that allows large duration but maintain a great idle. I have a set of Borla pro XS mufflers sitting on my floor that i will be switching to to make the car even quieter!

Anthony

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
My friends car runs 8.5's at 163mph and it sounds like a stock motor with a small cam. The Weldon fuel pump was the loudest thing on the car LOL.

Heck at WOT my car is even quite. The police don't even look when I blast by them. :)

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
yeah v8 turbo stangs are super quiet that why they are the most surprising. Get some good tires and drag radials and you will surprise the hell out of everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts