Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just went for my first speed test drive.
What would cause my rear end to make a loud huming around 120+mph?

O yea going from 3.73 to 4.10 I would have to say I lost around 10-15 off my top end but man do I get there fast. Pulls very strong through every gear.

·
Registered
335 Posts
the 4.10s are GREAT!!! the humm night be gear whine? do you still have that "dog bone" on your rear still? haha we have the exact same HP and TQ numbers and run the exact some times!! later.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is gear whine normal?
Dog bone?

Great times.
So how can all my mods and you mods be equal hp & tq?
My track times were before Long Tubes, short H pipe, catback system, DR on the back and now the 4.10.
I am hoping to break into the 12's now.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just bought myself some 4.10s, and will be installing them around the end of the summer. I don't plan to lose much 'top end' since I'll be 'adjusting' my power band upwards. :evil:

BTW, I would have looked for 4.30s but I plan on a power adder sometime in the future and those definately would have been too much (I don't plan on running gigantic slicks).

-Pat

·
Registered
155 Posts
Glad to hear you like them--I have 73's and am going to 4.10's later this month--I can't wait. The dog bone is the anti vibration weight on the drive shaft in front of the diff--I took my off and I am beginning to wonder if that is causing some of my whine and vibration--I will probably put it back on and see if that helps. ratman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts