Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to DRG performance today for a new tune cause i thought my car had more potential and on the first dyno it made 350hp and 440 tq, On the new dyno it made 312hp and 421tq and data logging boost it creeped up to 16psi, after the first new tune it made 429hp and 512tq on 14psi, and the last pull it made 477 hp and 502 tq on 14 psi. I was amazed to say the least. If your live anywhere near Dillsburg PA and are looking for a tuner i strongly recommend Dave Guy of DGR performance and he only charges 500 bucks for a tune.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice numbers man. The AFR looks nice and solid. Few Questions.

-How much timing do you have in it?
- what fuel was used
-do you have a boost controler or just running off of wastegate?

thanks
Lawrence

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Dyno numbers mean NOTHING! Give us some before and after track times. U can make the piece of paper say anything. Drives me nuts. Looks strong though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice numbers man. The AFR looks nice and solid. Few Questions.

-How much timing do you have in it?
- what fuel was used
-do you have a boost controler or just running off of wastegate?

thanks
Lawrence
18 degrees of timing, on 93 octane, and its on a boost controller

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dyno numbers mean NOTHING! Give us some before and after track times. U can make the piece of paper say anything. Drives me nuts. Looks strong though.
Yea, I know paper doesnt mean anything but it pulls a lot harder then it did on my old tune, I'm gonna take it to the track as soon as I can

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I agree that you can skew dyno numbers. If he were just comparing new dyno numbers to previous dyno numbers at a different shop I would have to agree that they should be taken with a grain of salt.

In this case he made a pull with his old tune, changed the tune, made another pull same day same dyno and picked up 117 hp.

I'd say that's pretty good proof that his previous tune was less than optimal and he will see a big difference on the street and on the track.

Congrats to the OP for finding a new tuner.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Cool that's a little different then. Keep it safe and get some times. 117 extra should be a huge kick in the ol butt meter!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congrts on the new numbers. I'm not a big fan of dyno numbers either. I'm surprised to see how much coin people are dropping at tuners. I'm in SFL and the most I've ever paid for a dyno tune session is $250. The tuners down here charge by the hour not by the pull or whatever. The $250 was for a 4 hour session with a crap load of dyno pulls.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Just as an example my car put down 397 rwhp but ran 9.9's at 137. U do the math. I was pissed at my tuner and he just said trust me. Boy what a surprise . His saying was u use the dyno to make it safe and use the mph and et to determin actual hp at the track. Have fun.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree that you can skew dyno numbers. If he were just comparing new dyno numbers to previous dyno numbers at a different shop I would have to agree that they should be taken with a grain of salt.

In this case he made a pull with his old tune, changed the tune, made another pull same day same dyno and picked up 117 hp.

I'd say that's pretty good proof that his previous tune was less than optimal and he will see a big difference on the street and on the track.

Congrats to the OP for finding a new tuner.
I gained 165 hp on his dyno and 80 tq

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just as an example my car put down 397 rwhp but ran 9.9's at 137. U do the math. I was pissed at my tuner and he just said trust me. Boy what a surprise . His saying was u use the dyno to make it safe and use the mph and et to determin actual hp at the track. Have fun.
Yea thats true

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I gained 165 hp on his dyno and 80 tq
So you've figured out that I am not a math teacher...I was using the numbers from your first pull on the old tune to the first pull on the new tune. 165 rwhp gain is awesome! Now start saving for a new transmission.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So you've figured out that I am not a math teacher...I was using the numbers from your first pull on the old tune to the first pull on the new tune. 165 rwhp gain is awesome! Now start saving for a new transmission.
I wasn't hating due I was just clarifying, yea I now im going to save for a t56, how do you like yours?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I wasn't hating due I was just clarifying, yea I now im going to save for a t56, how do you like yours?
I love it. I have 3:73 gears and never use 6th. If I had it to do over I'd buy one with a taller 1st gear. I've had it for almost 3 years and have had zero problems. I did have a problem getting my shorty h pipe to fit with my stock trans cross member. Had to cut off the hangers and give it a little dent. Then switched to long tubes and had to clearance the aluminum bell a little. When I had the On3 kit on the car it fit fine.

I won't be running a manual trans on my new turbo project though. The manual wasn't the best for 1/4 mile times on the turbo car. Going c4 on this build and shooting for 10's.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
dyno numbers depend on several different factors. Track times also depend on several different factors. If I were him I would be very happy with what he had done. 165whp for $500 is awesome. Even if he had gained only 50whp I would say it was well worth it

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yea, I know paper doesnt mean anything but it pulls a lot harder then it did on my old tune, I'm gonna take it to the track as soon as I can
:rofl: :bs: :rofl: :rolleyes: you want some honey pie , you know where to come get some!!! , just remember what my licence plate says!! :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm goin to the track this friday what does anyone think ill run not launching?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts