Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here is a little rundown about my car and the setup, basicly want a street car that i drive often but it is not a DD, my main goal for this car is 11s maybe high 10s but i think i will be happy with mid to low 11s. im not only doing the motor with a turbo but finishing up a brand new interior black so she will look mighty fine this spring. here is a basic rundown of the car and the setup its getting next week

1990 gt

trickflow street upper / lower
bbk 75mm tb / spacer
trickflow stage 1 cam .499
trickflow valve springs
e7 heads with exhaust ported slighty
stock shortblock
3:55 gears
pmass blow thru calibrated for 42's
42# injectors
255 in tank
mpt70 turbo w/ fmic
all new ignition w/ msd digital 6
gonna run 10psi

it is getting upper and lower, full legnth subframes, reinforced torque boxes after the install as well

before i went 13.9 @ 96 with bolt ons, 2400 stall, aluminum driveshaft, and 410s w/ drag radials

so 10psi on the new build i listed, what do you guys think i will dyno and run at the 1/4 mile compared to before? think it will all be worth it and i will be happy?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ditch the E7's .. they will hold you back BIG TIME

10 PSI on a 70 turbo ... stock heads ... The deck on the stock heads is terrible .. they bow and flex .. you wont be able to keep the head gaskets on.

Ditch the heads ... TFS work very well out of the box ..

With what you have and a set of TFS heads .. your goal of high 10's low 11's
will be pretty easy.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Got a buddy with a 100% stock (a/c, smog, p/s, etc.) car - his previous combo was the Hellion kit with 62mm turbo running 16lbs of boost the car made 480+rwhp and went low 11's

Thru a TH400

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Low 11's should be doable

10's is harder then sounds, those last few thousandths can be elusive.

Definitely save up for some aluminum heads. They dissipate heat much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts