Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought Mobil 1 Sythetic 5W30.
My car has 24500KM on the counter. Do you guys thinks that i shouldn't put that brand/Type of oil since my car is still under warranty and because it has 24500KM on it ?
Would like to know also what kind of oil filter i should use with synthetic oil, is the regular ford oil filter do the job ?

Of course i could call my dealer to ask but i would like to know from some experience user if they had any problem related to using some synthetic oil and warranty.
Some of my friends also said to me (they probably dont know **** !!) that it is not good to put some Synthetic oil into a car that has been broken and driven under regular oil up to that much mileage (24500KM approx 15000Miles)

Waiting for your responses.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There are no warranty issues. Put in the Mobil 1, I have been using it since 2000km on my cobra and not a single problem. It meets all of FOords specifications for oil.

The only thing you might notice the first time you run Mobil 1 is that your oil may get dirty pretty fast, a good thing. This means the the synthetic is really cleaning the inside of your engine.

·
Registered
523 Posts
grabber_grabbs said:

Some of my friends also said to me (they probably dont know **** !!) that it is not good to put some Synthetic oil into a car that has been broken and driven under regular oil up to that much mileage (24500KM approx 15000Miles)
actually ive been told by a number of people its he other way around, you should break in the engine with regular before switching to synthetic

·
Registered
75 Posts
I switched from regular 5w20 oil to Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic at 15,000 miles (24,000km). No problems, running great. Take that back, one problem - Mobil jacked up the price... doh. Oh well, it's still worth it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh, also - Mobil 1 is fully compatible with regular oil, you can use any brand filter. I'd do a search of the forums to see what people recommend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts