Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wish me luck lol any tips or advice? kit is going on a 88 5.0.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I recently started a post on how to install the IC in the bumper while maintaining ac and without butchering the cover. It takes some time but the results are well worth it if you have a nice car.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill try to find.

also im running 3.73 now i hope there not to much to atleast get the car tuned

·
Registered
269 Posts
I recently started a post on how to install the IC in the bumper while maintaining ac and without butchering the cover. It takes some time but the results are well worth it if you have a nice car.
This will be the most time consuming part of the install but worth taking your time on.

Another word of advice is to lay out all the parts to make sure you have everything. Read thru the instructions a couple of times and ask questions first if you have any before starting the install.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
thanks ill try to find.

also im running 3.73 now i hope there not to much to atleast get the car tuned
Get a tube of Copper RTV for the hot side and headers to heads. There are a couple of header bolts that are hard to install on the passenger side. I used one short factory header bolt on cylinder 3 iirc. It helps to have a second set of hands to get the passenger side installed as it is quite heavy with the turbo mounted on it. Don't tighten all the header bolts until you install the cross over. You may need longer sway bar links if you want to keep it. Download instructions for tapping the pan from Vortecs website. If you don't have the right size punch you can buy a plumb bob at home depot for about 5 bucks and they work well. Order a K&N filter instead of buying the cheapo Spectre that lots of people run. My first two Spectres fell apart where the metal attaches to the rubber. If you search you can find the part number for the K&N in one of my other posts.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
That was a great write up by the way!
Thanks. I need to update the thread and add some more pics now that I am almost done with the install.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool thanks for the help..

i have a efi victor jr intake with elbow. i love the way it looks on our cars. do you guys think it would kill power to put it on with factory heads??

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool thanks for the help..

i have a efi victor jr intake with elbow. i love the way it looks on our cars. do you guys think it would kill power to put it on with factory heads??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts