Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully quick anyway, I get long winded somtimes.

First off, I do not currently own any year mustang. I used to have an 87 gt, and got rid of it. I have regreted that ever since. For the past few years, I have been building hot rods. I have learned a lot about fabrication, and things like that, and am greatful, but its time to move on.

For a few years now, I have wanted to get in to some kind of road racing. There are a lot of cars out there that might be better suited in ways, but I'd rather have a car that has to be driven. Thats all I will say about that, dont take it the wrong way.

I live in wyoming, where we see about 4 months of good warm weather, which is now gone. I have been here 8 years. Married with two black labs.

Anyway, that should be it for now. I think I will sit back and learn until I'm more ready to get started.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Welcome. Check my avator for a picture of my black lab. You might also check out some books such as "Secrets to Solo Racing" and "Mustang Performance Handbook 2," the latter of which is written by William Mathis. Both are older books and much has changed but the message is still the same. My first season of autocrossing is coming to an end and I am hooked. If you have interest in starting with a street car and gradually building it autocross is a good start. Also deals can be found on people selling race prepped Mustangs for down right cheap. Another option is that the the 99-04 Mustang GTs can be used in SCCA T-3, and I have seen those cars with salvage titles for pretty cheap.

·
Corral Day Kittah
16,060 Posts
Welcome. You don't need a mustang for the open track. I used to OT'd my GTP, but keep it on the street now that it has 125K miles and run our LX in my avatar exclusively now.

My husband and I have run years of autox. It's a great place to learn about car control for cheap.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
Well alrighty then. Keep the faith.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.