1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
826 Posts
Ya I dont see what the big deal is even if he did throw the race. Tony said back when he drove for john that a couple times he felt like the car spun down the track on purpose to change the out come. I think he gave height the better side and had a slow reaction but who's to say he drove it out of the groove on purpose. cruz had his chance of beating force in the round before and tony should qualify better and he would have been up their to mess with height his self. Tony was crying that force own's half the field, thats just life get over it! I didnt watch the link watched it live so dont know how much info was on the link.I like how force said they would cry no matter what happens, if ashley wins or height beats her in the final. Like in all racing team mates or friends help each other out

·
Registered
188 Posts
Like in all racing team mates or friends help each other out
Let's say I was in a position to throw one of my lowly Summit ET Bracket races to get a friend qualified for a division final -- would I DO it? No, and I can't name a friend that would want me too -- my friends would all want to EARN their way in. It's a matter of integrity.

I feel bad for Hight...he didn't make the countdown because of his own performance, somebody GAVE it to him. Not good for Hight and not good for fans of the sport.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's say I was in a position to throw one of my lowly Summit ET Bracket races to get a friend qualified for a division final -- would I DO it? No, and I can't name a friend that would want me too -- my friends would all want to EARN their way in. It's a matter of integrity.

I feel bad for Hight...he didn't make the countdown because of his own performance, somebody GAVE it to him. Not good for Hight and not good for fans of the sport.
that is comparing apples to watermelons.....you dont stand a chance at millions , when a team force car wins he gets huge $$$$ from the sponsors, he is looking at the big picture..and that is what is the best way of getting the most $$$$ even if he has to lose on purpose

·
Registered
629 Posts
Wouldn't be an issue with me either. If i were Force, i would have done the same thing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
1. It's against the rules to throw a race.
2. It doesn't make it OK to cheat just because a lot of money is at stake.

·
Registered
826 Posts
1. It's against the rules to throw a race.
2. It doesn't make it OK to cheat just because a lot of money is at stake.
You cant prove he threw the race anyways. One of his cars winning is practically like him winning. You have never been in that situation, you ever heard of looking at the bigger picture. That didnt hurt the sport in any way, it wouldnt have mattered if everyone had of minded there business and just let the officials do there job. And that has happened in all types of racing, happens in nascar all the time. Force didnt lose money by doing what he did, in your situation you would have lost not gained. Oh and question, you have never broke a rule? I am sure you have and there's no diference. Maybe you havent.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Oh and question, you have never broke a rule? I am sure you have and there's no diference. Maybe you havent.
In the 2 years that I have been racing for points in NHRA-sanctioned events, I have never broken a rule, and I intend to keep it that way.

You ARE right that nobody can PROVE Force threw that race, it's just really obvious to everybody that saw it.

In other sanctions and other forms of motorsport, there IS such a thing as "team orders". OK. But it's not OK in the NHRA, and shouldn't be in any other form of head-to-head racing.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
In the 2 years that I have been racing for points in NHRA-sanctioned events, I have never broken a rule, and I intend to keep it that way.

You ARE right that nobody can PROVE Force threw that race, it's just really obvious to everybody that saw it.

In other sanctions and other forms of motorsport, there IS such a thing as "team orders". OK. But it's not OK in the NHRA, and shouldn't be in any other form of head-to-head racing.
boohoo
I dont see anything wrong with what force did.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's not about sport,it's about a multi-million dollar business.JF Racing needed to have the AAA car in the final 10 to keep the good people at AAA of SoCal happy.It was a no brainer.If anyone is to blame it's NHRA for starting this silly race to the finish top 10 crap. Steve

·
Registered
780 Posts
It's not about sport,it's about a multi-million dollar business.JF Racing needed to have the AAA car in the final 10 to keep the good people at AAA of SoCal happy.It was a no brainer.If anyone is to blame it's NHRA for starting this silly race to the finish top 10 crap. Steve
x2 The count down is crap just like nascar

·
Registered
965 Posts
It was a big business decision period end of story. JOhn Force is succesful because he gives the sponsors what they want how they want when they want thats why he has the funding he has because he keeps them happy no matter what it takes. Do I like the fact he may have thrown the race...NO...but I would be naive to think it wouldnt or doesnt happen.

·
Registered
826 Posts
x2 The count down is crap just like nascar
I am going to have to go against you on that. It has made the competition a lot better. Nascar you could win 8 races and have an average finish of 5th on the races you finished but get wrecked 3 times and a tire blow out a couple times in the year and a guy that averaged 10th and missed all the wrecks and stuff win. Unlike drag racing most of the time what happens on the track is the driver/crew's fault. I know sometimes there are wrecks that take the other car out but not often. But I think it makes the last months exciting to watch because it makes it where 10/12 people have a chance to win. Specially people who dont like a specific driver, they wouldnt watch if the last 5 races or so didnt matter because 1st place had a huge points led.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts