Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using them anymore?

I was thinking of putting on a set in addition to a set of sub frame connectors. Do they contribute enough or anything to rigidity to consider?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I've had them on my car for about 5 or so years. Great little piece of metal. Not sure if "rigidity" was high on my want list, but it made slappin' the jack under there really easy by not having to put the whole damn jack under the car to get to the SFC's.

I've certainly "used" them over the past years. I just put a piece of tape on the top of the jack to show how far to slide it under and start jackin', no bendin' down to see if the jack pad is mated up.

Thin line between lazy and smart. ;)

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I have the KB version on my 01 Cobra Vert. Compared to my fox vert with just standard length SFCs, the jacking rails/matrix braces are light years better. But the whole set-up adds about 28 pounds and they required some "creative" welding to fit on the car = lots more expensive. For a vert, these are worth the extra money. Regarding rigidity, I can place the floor jack on one side, left three of the four wheels and open the doors with minor misalignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts