Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the Ford Motorsport Aluminum J-Code Heads M-6049-J302 compare with aftermarket heads like the Edelbrock Performer of the Trick Flow 170?

I am looking for heads for my 94GT. It will be a mild build using GT40 intake, cam, header, off roads H-pipe, Magnaflow exhaust, 24 lb injectors, bigger TB & Mass air etc.

There is a set of the J-code heads for sale for $1000. They are mildly ported. What is a fair price for these or would I be better off looking for a more modern design?

Not looking for a race engine, Goal is a daily driver, with a bit extra power in the 300-350 HP range.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Nothing wrong with the J302 head. I ran them on a S/C 331 and they worked great. They have an excellent exhaust port.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
If they are bolt on ready, then $1k is reasonable. If they need work, then the price needs to be negotiable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
last time I looked up these heads they where an Alan Root design head and they flowed somewhere in the range of 230 intake 170 exhaust plus or minus a few percent.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
They are not much better than a stock 5.0 head.
With AFR selling new heads for $1100 a pair why would you bother?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are $1000, which is about the top of my budget. Looking for the best option in that price range. Was hoping to find a decent used set of aluminum heads for under &1000, but most I see are in the $1200 range

1 - 8 of 8 Posts