Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after making 462rwhp with stock 96 cams,out the box svo heads and intake,its time to step the power up another 100rwhp.i will be adding long tubes,a full sean hyland fuel system and more boost but i'm kinda lost as to what cams i should get.looking for around 550-560rwhp.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The SHM 2 valve cams are PROVEN power makers. Lots of new guys on the market but not proven yet. Remeber.....dont be fooled by lift numbers...they are only part of the equation in horsepower. Big lift doesn't always equate to big horsepower. Duration and lobe seperation angle play a much more crucial role in forced induction horsepower generation. I also talked to some people in the "bumpstick industry" and the Hyland boys have several more custom grinds coming out after a new years dyno thrash with Crane and Comp cams. Oh that poor dyno motor! LOL

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rammer i plan on running 15 psi to about 6200 rpms.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's about what I'm getting at 6250 or so. I'd be interested in how the project goes and who tunes it. My impression is that fuel and ignition tuning are so critical to good driveability under ALL conditions. I'm pretty happy with my tune but I'm also ignorant. I mean I really haven't had any chance to drive anyone else's set-up similar to mine and see if slight dips in acceleration are normal or not. Also idle rpm, difficulty in getting Fuel Pressure up for starting, etc.... I guess I have alot to learn. Keep me posted.

david

1 - 6 of 6 Posts