Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share.After 2.5 years of problems including losing the top half of the motor due to a bad oil pump and waiting forever for the motor in the first place, we finally got the car down the track.Went to Cecil county fri. night.It was cold and the car didn't have a real tire on it.It's still shod with Mickey S/R's out back.We left the car on the spring, didn't even think about hooking the co2 to the controller, and let the car eat a bit.Tried unsuccessfully all night to get a good launch,w/ no luck, so basically drove it out until it felt hooked and let it rip.Only managed a 11.17 et for the best of the night,but the car was trapping at a best of 135.92.Not to bad for 10.7 lbs of boost.It's finally nice to realize all the work that we've done and to have the car perform well w/ no problems is a huge sigh of relief.Can't wait to get the D/R's on and be able to launch.Need some warmer weather also.The car's combo is a dart blocked 326 c.i engine w/ a sei custom treadstone turbo kit and a t-netics 76mm turbo.Backed by a Frank Lupo c-4.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Nice!

136 rolling easy out of the hole with 10 psi is a great start. Keep us posted...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do.Hope to try again in a couple weeks.With some real tires.It was a little slippery for a few hundred feet.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Will do.Hope to try again in a couple weeks.With some real tires.It was a little slippery for a few hundred feet.
Def keep us posted. A real tire and some tweaking should do it for sure!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's been about 5 weeks but made it back to the track again.Conditions were good and had a set of new M/T 275/60's on it.Got to make a bunch of passes mostly half track to get used to the car.On the last pass we let our friend drive it who has a lot more experience driving and let the car loose, a bit.Gave it 14.2 lbs. according to the datalog and the car ran well and straight.Had a 1.33 60' and went 9.75 @ 145.77.Not bad and a lot left.Car left on the trans brake and was a little soft on launch.Our friend said it needs more rpm and maybe the converter needs to be loosened.Had a 3800 chip in the msd.Going back next fri.1/8 was a 6.06 @ 116 something.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow real nice numbers man, congrats.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. We're going back fri. night and if everthing go's as smooth we're going to give her some more boost and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
congrats on the great times.

Lets see some pics!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll get some pics. Fri. night.I'll try to get some video also.If I can only figure out how to post pics. and video on this forum.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First off,I can't for the life of me, figure out how to post pics.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
On another note.Went to the track fri. night.It was crowded and only made 3 passes.Track was packed and the imports were breaking at a good clip. No record breakers but did practice with the trans brake.Pulled the chip and let it rev using the 2 step.Spun pretty good that pass.Also found out the converter is a 4500 stall.Next pass, put a 3900 chip in and launched pretty dang good.Best 60' so far 1.50, actually pulled the tires a bit.Ran only on the spring, about 11 lbs. and let out towards the end and ran [email protected] 134.97.Probably would have best last weeks pass.Last pass was about the same, went 1.51 60',was going to run it out, since we were leaving and no license yet, but guy in other lane decided he wanted to use both lanes, so had to shut down.Going back in 2 weeks and our friend is going to take a drive.Car has been flawless so far so we are going to let her fly.He has a lic.So we should see what she's got.

·
The OASIS Guy
6,535 Posts
sounds exciting. so is this a mod motor or a pushrod?
326 ci

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a pushrod motor.Basically a 331 c.i set up w/ standad bore pistons.It's a Dart block so we figured if we had a meltdown or what not we can re-bore the holes.Just adding a little more life to the block.Anyways, thanks for the compliments guys.We did put the car up on stands this past week and did some maint.Found a couple little things.A trans fitting was leaking,a cracked/ burnt ceramic on a plug and the tig weld on the alternator bracket broke.Oh well, a small price to pay when you want to go fast.Will try to post up our next track outing this coming weekend.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only been to the track twice since the last time posting.First night it was fuggin hot, about 95 at 9 at night.Not a good night,track was slick and ended up with a bunch of problems including a crack in the header.Tonight we made it back.Much cooler, about 65*.Made a bunch of low 10 second passes usually letting out.On the final pass,set it up for 18 lbs.Brought the power in about 2.5 seconds in after leaving on a 4200 chip.Car went 1.47 60', 6.20 in the 1/8 @ 116.70 and 9.56 @ 147.55.Probably could have held the power if it had been brought in right away instead of 2.5 sec. delay.Getting there.I think.Still not sure what she's capable of.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts