Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my on3 kit installed on my 94 cobra. It runs but will not idle. It will start after I hold the throttle down to turn off the injectors. Then it idles for a little bit then dies. It also has a lack of power completely, won't even go up the hill on my driveway without dying....

I do not have a tune yet it is running on the stock computer. Is it just getting completely flooded out from the 60# injectors?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, yes. the same pulse with the injectors 3 times as large as stock is going to flood that poor thing.
I was always under the impression that using the maf calibrated for the injectors helps. In no way do I expect it to run without a tune, I just cannot even get the timing set or anything...

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you just want to run it to set the timing and check things out, then stick the stock injectors in it untill you get ready to do the tuning. Of course dont go WOT though.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I was always under the impression that using the maf calibrated for the injectors helps. In no way do I expect it to run without a tune
What meter are u running? My car has a pro-m 3" blowthru cal'd for 42's and it works great.
No tune ever, no adjustable fpr and no factory O2 sensors. It starts,idled and cruises like a stock car.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What meter are u running? My car has a pro-m 3" blowthru cal'd for 42's and it works great.
No tune ever, no adjustable fpr and no factory O2 sensors. It starts,idled and cruises like a stock car.
Like I said above I am running a PMAS and I cannot even get the base timing set because it won't idle... Fuel pressure is at 40. I am kinda leaning toward it is flooding out since I have to floor it to shut off the injectors most of the time to start. But just want to make sure it isn't anything else.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is not too normal. I have 50# injectors and PMAS and it started cold all the time and ran good but after the car got to about 190 degrees it wouldn't start again until it cooled. Sometimes I had to hold the pedal to the floor to restart and it was a crap shoot on if it would start. I had a draw onn the battery or electrical system somewheres and I changed the TFI module and added some grounds from the block to the frame and that fixed my hot start issues along with the battery draw.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
60s are way too big to fix with a calibrated maf. You'll even have issues with 42s, the car goes back to the base tune occasionally and will dump fuel. Try turning your idle up to around 1100 or so, may let you sample from the maf rather than the base tune, maybe you could get it going enough to limp it around.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
60s are way too big to fix with a calibrated maf. You'll even have issues with 42s, the car goes back to the base tune occasionally and will dump fuel. Try turning your idle up to around 1100 or so, may let you sample from the maf rather than the base tune, maybe you could get it going enough to limp it around.
Tried that, it still won't idle.... As long as I know it is the injectors and not something else. I probably won't try running it anymore until I get the tune, I do not need to wash down my cylinders.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I threw my cousins PMS on (DONMEGA). Got it to idle perfect and got the timing set, still will not rev up good but at least this is telling me that it is in fact tuning. I will have to talk with my tuner on Tuesday to find out for sure, otherwise dyno next Saturday :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Maybe your Dizzy is out 180? & it's just washing the cylinders out with fuel
Also lock out your Dizzy @ 18 once it idles & go from there!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe your Dizzy is out 180? & it's just washing the cylinders out with fuel
Also lock out your Dizzy @ 18 once it idles & go from there!
Nope, it is set. If it was 180 it would be backfire like a MOFO.

Why should I lock my dizzy at 18? Do you mean for without a tune?

I have the base timing set at 10*, that is what my tuner Mike Post told me to do. It is getting tuned next week.

·
Registered
295 Posts
This may sound stupid....but if you have the PMAS calibrated MAF for 60lb injectors and you had to clip off the 4 wire plug and hook up the pigtail for the PMAS MAF sensor maybe you wired the Send wire and return wire backwards in the pigtail.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts