Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
I always see them, basically it allows you to build boost while staging right??

I wonder if it will work on a blown car

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I always see them, basically it allows you to build boost while staging right??

I wonder if it will work on a blown car
yes!! I run a MSD digital 6 plus. it has a timing retard . when you pull timing while on the 2 step it builds even more boost.

no not like on a turbo car !! you might build 1-2 psi but your not gonna get much. I can launch with full boost lol

2 step pulls spark from every other cyl. the un burnt fuel from them hits the HOT exhaust housing and burns. thats what spools it up

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Question, just got done my turbo setup not long ago, car is still untuned but I tried to put it on the two step without launching it. Tried it twice, both times it blew out the gasket. Iam using the remflex gaskets which everyone that has used them swears by for turbos. I can beat the crap out of the car while driving and it doesnt blow out at any time. Could it be the fact that the car isnt tuned? I did notice I had the turbo drain fitting hitting the fenderwell which could also of been the cause. That is fixed, wont try the two step again until after its tuned.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
what gasket blew out while on the 2 step??

mine is un tuned and I have no issues at all on the 2 step. I dout that has anything to do with it. they go WAY rich on the 2 step with or without a tune lol all that un burnt fuel.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Right, its rich to start with thats why I was figuring it. Its a pony down kit, single turbo passenger side. First time port 4 blew, second time new remflex gasket in place 3 and 4 blew out. Replaced them, seen up to 12 psi quite a few times now with no problems. Two step saw about 5-7 psi, blows out after about 4 seconds while on the two step. Sorry to kinda hi jack the thread but I figured it would be a good spot to question it without making a new thread.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My car is far from being finished but I have a msd digital 6 plus that im going to run on the car.I heard only good things

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Right, its rich to start with thats why I was figuring it. Its a pony down kit, single turbo passenger side. First time port 4 blew, second time new remflex gasket in place 3 and 4 blew out. Replaced them, seen up to 12 psi quite a few times now with no problems. Two step saw about 5-7 psi, blows out after about 4 seconds while on the two step. Sorry to kinda hi jack the thread but I figured it would be a good spot to question it without making a new thread.
I imagine the exhaust pressures and temps seen on the two step is what's blowing out the header gasket. What many of us are running is simply a thin coat of high temp silicone and your not likely to be able to blow anything out afterwards.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I imagine the exhaust pressures and temps seen on the two step is what's blowing out the header gasket. What many of us are running is simply a thin coat of high temp silicone and your not likely to be able to blow anything out afterwards.
yep. Thats what I run NO gaskets and just a thin coat of the copper stuff. works great. I can make 10 psi on the 2 step and they dont leak.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well, I did try the rtv twice both times they leaked. Come to find out my headers were warped pretty bad(fixed now) but I had already invested in the remflex gaskets which have a warrenty so they just sent me another set. Iam just going to drive it for awhile before I take it back apart. Dont need to be launching on the two step with 28 spline mosers anyways.:rolleyes: I have read about using copper gaskets AND copper rtv, either of you guys ever run that setup? RTV makes quite the mess thats for sure, Firgured I could put the rtv on the head, put rtv on the other side of the gasket and hold it in place with a set of studs.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Well, I did try the rtv twice both times they leaked. Come to find out my headers were warped pretty bad(fixed now) but I had already invested in the remflex gaskets which have a warrenty so they just sent me another set. Iam just going to drive it for awhile before I take it back apart. Dont need to be launching on the two step with 28 spline mosers anyways.:rolleyes: I have read about using copper gaskets AND copper rtv, either of you guys ever run that setup? RTV makes quite the mess thats for sure, Firgured I could put the rtv on the head, put rtv on the other side of the gasket and hold it in place with a set of studs.
Yeah I had to run both copper gaskets and the RTV due to warped flanges. Used the RTV on both sides of the copper gasket. It sealed them until I got them fixed. Once fixed tho RTV was all that was needed.

dont be scared I launch with full boost on stock axles in a 7.5 in rear with full slicks :)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Got ya, maybe Ill give it a shot them. Hmmm, maybe I should just put a 7.5 in with stock axles! Screw 33's and a spool! haha
I REALLY REALLY would NOT suggest it !! lmao.

Im trying to kill it so I can put in the 8.8 but it just wont give up.

Guess the way to keep a 7.5 and a T-5 together is have a 8.8 and TKO 600 ready to swap in when they blow.. Thought it would be broke by now lol

·
Registered
965 Posts
I havent had any problems with the copper gaskets. But i have to ask why you guys are out beating on your cars when they havent been tuned yet? That just doesnt make any sense and its asking for trouble

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I havent had any problems with the copper gaskets. But i have to ask why you guys are out beating on your cars when they havent been tuned yet? That just doesnt make any sense and its asking for trouble
My whole car is "asking for troubble" un tuned, stock t-5, 7.5 rear end launching with full boost on slicks. lol so ya Im asking for it lol

its been running GREAT for 2 years without one so it cant be too far off lol lol

It runs great, the air fuel is perfect, drivability is perfect..why should I have it tuned?

DONT get me wrong I dont suggest just tossin on parts and beating on it!! You HAVE to make sure all is OK first.. SOME people will have NO choice but to have it tuned, I guess I just got lucky. IF the air/fuel was off,or IF I had idle/drivability issues I would have it tuned.. besides I can buy 3 motors from the junkyard for the cost of a tune and that all it has in it now. a stock junkyard motor lol lol lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts