Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ebay item: 110293768618 (site won't let me post a link)

Just bought an 05 GT for the wife and figure it needs some more power. She's not racing it or anything, just want to make the car a lot more fun to drive.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
beware cheap ebay turbo kits.

That only looks like 1/3 of a whole kit too.
No headers
No hot side

Plan on spending $3,000-6,000 for a real turbo kit depending

·
Registered
407 Posts
pass on this!

There are a lot more options to get the racey feel to the car. Try some gears, cai, and tune. Exhaust, but not really sure how much that really helps in stock form and no power adder.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pass on it and save your money and do it right. With that kit you will have to do to much fabbing and welding and that turbo will not last that long. Buy only brand name turbos and do lots of reseach before you buy. Check the turbomustangs.com form lots of trial and errors done on that form.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, thats about what I figured.
as for the gears, I've already planned for 3.73's and a limited slip of some flavor. for the last dozen years or so I've been building and playing with 4x4's so that's the first place I look to add some moderate power increases in anything I play with.
I'm not used to bothering with CAI stuff since it clogs for my motorsports venue. Are they really worth it?
Other then the gear work the only thing I've got planned for now is some SFC of some sort.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The new 3v motors really do wake up with cai and a tune. It won't be turbo power but its a noticable difference, muc moreso than they where on my fbody.

I think the cars are 355 geared stock (could be wrong) So I don't know if 3.73s will gain much. I would love 4.10s and a 6 speed swap on mine.

The 3v really does love boost though.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
thanks, for the last dozen years or so I've been building and playing with 4x4's .
If you have some moderate mechanical skills you can make up
your own simple twin turbo kit for fairly cheap using simple internally
waste gated Garrett T3's hanging off the stock headers.

Really not that hard to do at all. Cost you about $2-3,000 in good parts

This forum and turbomustangs.com can steer you in the right direction for
parts and turbo selection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts