Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
yep... pull the blower, mid plate ,and intercooler, it going to be nasty also strip you rotors the coating is coming off then delete pcv and plug turkey pan,and if no emission check delete the egr too etc,,,

if you asking on corral probably not the best place...... then you need to go to lightning forums specifically lightningrodder.com where you can get most help and how to for your truck i

i have 2001 lightning too this is where you go when you have a lightning there is a vast amount knowledge there.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I just pulled my whipple. After a year, you can see how much oil's in the blower - my PCV feeds right before the blower:

Go to ~6:30 into the video if you just want to skip ahead.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
60/40; no; there are gaskets, but the screws form a conductive path. I know where you're going with this - I have 2 zinc anodes on the way, and epoxy paint for the inside of the aluminum caps.

·
Registered
21,857 Posts
okay

I was also going to suggest you try silver solder, made for higher melting temp and pressure 45-50% Ag.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I don't have enough heat for silver solder - even that much took two torches and stainless heat retention shield. I bought a hot plate specifically to use as a pre heater (which should be useful for other things - like soldering to aluminum pc boards). But the solder held up really well - there's something like 208 solder joints in that thing, and only 1 developed a tiny leak. Looks like I didn't flow it properly.

The amount of galvanic corrosion caught me by surprise. I initially intended to use only distilled water, but when I realized how much ice the system was capable of melting, that plan went out the window. If $25 prevents me from having to remake those parts, I'm all for it.

Sorry for the hijack, OP. But you might want to consider a small sacrificial anode in your setup too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts