Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase a brand new leftover 15 gt race red 6spd. This car has no options which is fine with me it has everything I need. I got a deal worked out for 31 out the door with sales tax. What have you guys paid?? thanks for any input.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That sounds like $29,000 something before tax. I guess that doesn't sound too bad, do you think you can wheel and deal them a little? (If you haven't already). For my '16 GT PP with the over the top stripes, 6spd, I paid what the base '16 GT's are priced at. So it was like getting the Perf Package and stripes for free. I was coming from a couple states away, so they made me a h*ll of a deal.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase a brand new leftover 15 gt race red 6spd. This car has no options which is fine with me it has everything I need. I got a deal worked out for 31 out the door with sales tax. What have you guys paid?? thanks for any input.
I paid $28k for mine last February. Base model 6sp GT in guard metallic. I used cars.com to search prices and it turned out that one of the lowest prices was at a dealer only about 30 minutes away. Perhaps you could do something similar and get the winning dealer to ship the car to you? If prices are similar, you might want a 2016 since the new sync system is supposed to be an improvement. I see a bunch for about $27k (2015 and 2016).

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?feedSegId=28705&rpp=50&transTypeId=28112&requestorTrackingInfo=RTB_SEARCH&cylCntId=28109&stkTypId=28880&PMmt=1-1-0&zc=20137&rd=99999&mdId=21712&mkId=20015&searchSource=SORT_NEW&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId&pgId=2102&sf1Nm=price&sf1Dir=ASC&sf2Nm=location&sf2Dir=ASC

Good luck!

Best,

·
Registered
362 Posts
What is the sticker price and what are they offering it for? Is it at invoice price? Have no idea what your taxes, title and registration fees are so no way to tell how much they are discounting the car.

Back of the envelop this just seems like an average deal at best. There are not many new 15's out there left and I am sure this dealer wants this car off their lot. Sticks around a few more months people will be looking at the 17's and all of a sudden they have a 2 year old "new" car. Plus it's a base model with a 6sp, majority seem to want their leather and auto, so use that to your advantage. It's what you are looking for but they don't have to know that. Plus it's February in IL, not many Mustangs are being sold this month no matter how much the stealership wants to tell you, "just sold one yesterday, they are really moving." Whatever...

Anyways, they have a last years model car in base configuration, it's February in the Midwest and it's what you are looking for. Use that to your advantage, you can get a great deal if you want to play the game. Good luck!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i should have been more specific being taxes are diff and msrp can vary alot.
The msrp on this one is 33200 and the price out the door before my taxes title and license is 29200.
i already put a 500 deposit on it to hold it because its about 2 hrs from me. but im second guessing my deal now. thanks for the replies

·
Registered
14 Posts
As Jeff Dude has said, it's an okay deal. I personally would try to do some wheeling and dealing to get the price down some more if you can. They have room to move, trust me. I bought my '16 GT PP in October of 2015 with the over the top stripes for what the base model GT's are going for. So it was like getting the Performance Package and stripes for free. So yeah, they have room to play with. It's the dead of winter, use it to your advantage, or tell them you're going to buy the Camaro down the street. :grin2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check to see what Ford is giving them from the factory for 2015 models. That is about what I got of off mine in Aug 2015 which included Ford cash. -$1,400 should be from Ford direct I just checked online. It is -$1000 for 2016 so I would really shop around.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok little update, I backed out on the 15. Now I'm looking at a base red 16 gt with an auto with an msrp of 34490 and I got him down to 32 out the door tax title license and all. which equals to a sale price of 29900, being a year newer and a 1200 dollar auto option added what do you guys think? I'm only 700 higher than the 15 with a stick. I can't find #### for 28 like previously mentioned anywhere close to me. And if I do, it doesn't end up being that cheap because they advertise with every incentive possible to make the price look flashy when in reality only half the people will actually qualify for all the incentives.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok little update, I backed out on the 15. Now I'm looking at a base red 16 gt with an auto with an msrp of 34490 and I got him down to 32 out the door tax title license and all. which equals to a sale price of 29900, being a year newer and a 1200 dollar auto option added what do you guys think? I'm only 700 higher than the 15 with a stick. I can't find #### for 28 like previously mentioned anywhere close to me. And if I do, it doesn't end up being that cheap because they advertise with every incentive possible to make the price look flashy when in reality only half the people will actually qualify for all the incentives.
I think that's a better deal than the first one you were looking into. A year newer and an automatic trans is around $1,200 extra, I believe.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's an OK deal. Nothing to write home about. Sadly, some dealerships do the bait and switch or subtract all available incentives. The dealer I used didn't do that. The price was the price.

Good luck with your purchase. They're great cars and you'll have a blast driving it.

Here's another search based on dealers within 100 miles of your zip code. 2016, GT's with auto. The low price is $30,200. Seems to be a fair amount of "collusion" in your area to keep the prices higher. :) When I change the zipcode to my northern VA one, the prices are $2k lower.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?feedSegId=28705&rpp=50&transTypeId=28113&requestorTrackingInfo=RTB_SEARCH&yrId=58487&cylCntId=28109&stkTypId=28880&PMmt=1-1-0&zc=62401&rd=100&mdId=21712&mkId=20015&searchSource=SORT_NEW&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId&pgId=2102&sf1Nm=price&sf1Dir=ASC&sf2Nm=location&sf2Dir=ASC

Best,

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's an OK deal. Nothing to write home about. Sadly, some dealerships do the bait and switch or subtract all available incentives. The dealer I used didn't do that. The price was the price.

Good luck with your purchase. They're great cars and you'll have a blast driving it.

Here's another search based on dealers within 100 miles of your zip code. 2016, GT's with auto. The low price is $30,200. Seems to be a fair amount of "collusion" in your area to keep the prices higher. :) When I change the zipcode to my northern VA one, the prices are $2k lower.

New 2016 Ford Mustang - in 62401 Area - Automatic on Cars.com

Best,[/QUOTE

Hmm, bought mine in VA, Virginia Beach to be exact. I found that the prices were cheaper there than here in PA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts