Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anytime soon?

I will be ordering the Catted X and Catback here shortly for my Cobra and wanted to see if I could save some bucks?

Also,

For those of you that bought the Magnaflow's from Houston Performance, who did you talk to? I called and the quoted me at 420 plus shipping, where I heard most of you are getting them for 399 shipped from them? What gives?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am interested in a Magnaflow GP. The last thread had a lot of prospective buyers and sellers, but nobody organized it. Hopefully we can get something together.

-Jeff

·
Corral Charter Member
2,594 Posts
As Jeff said, there was some interest in it, but nobody stepped up to the plate to organize it. I'll be happy to approve one if somebody will set it up and e-mail me as per the guidelines at the top of the page.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
TTT - I'd be interested in an X-pipe...if anyone's out there & contemplating putting together a GP.

Bueller? :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you look at the other tread, the problem is that Magnaflow is way behind on production. Try callinmg around and see if you can find a kit. I called everyone and finally settled for Borla and got the last cat back they had from Summit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I ACTUALLY TALKED TO HOUSTON PERFORMANCE TODAY I NEED TO TALK TO STEVE ON A GP FOR A CAT BACK SYSTEM IF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED ILL GET THE BALL ROLLING HE TOLD ME 389 NORMAL PRICE BUT I WILL FIND OUT A GP PRICE

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but a GP will really take a while for each person to get their parts. When an order for 30 catbacks is placed at one time, they have a huge order to take care of. However, they will still have to make the mufflers for the rice crowd, chevy's, etc. I think most places make them in batches and then don't make the same kits for several weeks/months(?).

As for organizing a GP, it is cake. All you have to do is contact several different dealers telling them that you will have 20+ orders for several different Part #'s(total). Try to get free shipping or a break on the cost of the parts or something. However, you will probably get quite a few emails during the time the GP is open and a few late comers that you have to tell "sorry GP is over with."

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Steve from Houston quoted me $389 for an x-pipe with cats. That may just be the best price we can get. One place I talked to said if I could get 20 peeps together we could get it for $415 which doesn't beat Houston's individual price!

·
Registered
41 Posts
well thats a damn good price. im looking for a catted x and the magnaflow catbacks. i dont mind waiting for a good price.

keep posting those prices your finding in case this thing doesnt get going. if i find any good deals i will post also.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry yall, but i got my magnaflow cat back system from steve for 360 shipped to my door...and that was still 5 bucks cheaper than the last gp. Also got my bassani off road x pipe for 250 shipped. So just call steve and tell him you got a quote for that and he will match it, yall wont beat that especially for the magnaflow catback. If you want the magnapack option its still the same for 360.

later

robert

99 silver gt vert w/ black top
automatic tranny

k&n filter
magnaflow catback system w/ 3.5" tips(wow)
bassani off road x pipe
mil eliminators

on order: steeda t/a, steeda pullies, wms cai, steeda g trac 1 & 2, CDC shaker system(oh yeah).....

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ordered everything from steve.. The GT catback must be cheaper cause the Cobra one is no where near 360..

I still got a hell of a deal.. Steve and Ron are the only two I buy things from. They are the best in service and prices IMHO.

Shawn

·
Registered
145 Posts
The last GP (the infamous "no credit card" GP) had the Magnaflow catback for $315 plus shipping. It would be cool if we could get a deal like that again.

-Jeff

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm in!

I'm interested in a magnaflow catback and I also would be willing to set up the group purchase if enough people show interest! Thanks and lets do it!

·
Registered
474 Posts
FadeToBlack said:
The last GP (the infamous "no credit card" GP) had the Magnaflow catback for $315 plus shipping. It would be cool if we could get a deal like that again.

-Jeff
Yeah I set that last GP up...
Id like someone to set up a Mganflow X-pipe GP that would be sweet!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Uncle Sam's refund check can't get here soon enough... give me a couple of weeks and I am in any Magnaflow GP that gets set up!
:joy:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm in. I'll take an X pipe and a catback please.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts