Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently running gt40 iron heads ported, tf stage 1 cam with 1.7rr, and trick flow street heat, i was talking to a ls motor owner and he said my motor would not last with the cam im running on it right now with a turbo, anybuddy have a similar setup or any inputs? any help would be great and any suggestions on cams would also be great

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Your cam is fine...The GT40 heads wont take that much boost before they lift and your rear gear with need to be lower then 3.73's

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
from what ive been reading, h/c/i doesnt make much difference if you have stock block

·
Registered
804 Posts
You can run whatever you want. Is it right? Some say yes, some say no.

TFS cams are not designed to run on boost, but there are those who have run it and like it. TFS 1 & 1.7 rr will give you a more overlap, thus hurting potential performance. Plus the LSA on that cam is another issue.

What you COULD do is go stock cam or something along a 114 lsa with 1.6rr

I also think the H/C/I makes a huge difference. Getting more air in & out of any application is key. (Not saying that stock parts CAN'T make decent power)

Personally I would upgrade those parts because thats just me.

The right tune and a good block is the key! (strokeme has a sticky on what to look for in building your shortblock)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the suggestions guys anybody have an idea what i would be making with 8 to 10 pounds? and also i wanna upgrade the turbo from the stander turbo any suggestions there?
thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts