Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I wanted to get your opinions on something. My car is a 95 GT with a stock shortblock, 64cc GT40x heads, E303 cam with 1.6 roller rockers, and an Edelbrock Performer plus the usual bolt-ons and 3.73's. It has been tuned and dynoed at 292/326 STD numbers. It is a 5-speed car with very little weight reduction (probably weighs 3500+ with me in it), lowering springs, and drag radials so it's not exactly set up for the strip. Since I just got it running well I decided to take it to the track last week and only got one run in since it was crowded and the run was only about 10 minutes after driving it an hour to the track so the car was certainly up to operating temp (185 degrees). I had too much air in the DR's and spun off the line as well as on the 1-2 shift and shifted at 5500rpm (which may have been a little too low) and ran a [email protected] with a 1.9 60ft. Does this seem too slow for my car given the bad 60ft. and such? I was hoping more for 106+mph. Am I expecting too much or do you think thats possible with the car being cooler and launching better? Thanks in advance for any help and opinions :salute:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yeah that is a bit low. Your MPH could be effected by a number of things including to much wheel spin. You should be well on your way to a high 12 with some practice under your belt. Looks like you need to hit the track on a cool night with the ability to make 5-10 passes.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I think if he weighs 3500 lbs he's not that far off, maybe a 13.0 or 12.99 with excellent driving.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I'm not too upset about the run, I just thought it would go faster. Even the tuner said it should be capable of at least 106mph traps. Hopefully it will go faster when the car/weather are cooler. I'd really like to get the car into the 12's before I put the S-Trim on. Also, do you think 1.7 60fts. and below are possible with a car as heavy as mine given the lowered suspension and drag radials?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should be trapping atleast 110
wow even being 3500lbs? The car made 292/326 STD. so it would be a bit lower going by SAE numbers. If indeed that is enough power to trap 110mph at this weight, I don't know what the deal is. Back to the drawing board then I guess........:confused:

·
Registered
477 Posts
My roomate has a 95 GT with the Trickflow package-h/c/i, with 1.6 roller rockers and also the usual bolt ons, only thing he doesn't have is a CAI. Car was run full weight with leather seats, Mach 460 sound system, and power everything. He's never had it tuned but he went 13.12 @ 106.08 with a 1.93 60', I'd say you're doing pretty decent with your combo. You'll probably pick up another tenth or so cooling it, and maybe another 2-3 tenths in 60'. All said and done, in good air and a good 60', and you hitting the shifts right, I wouldn't see any reason why you wouldn't be in the 12.90s-13.0s @ around 106-108MPH.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My roomate has a 95 GT with the Trickflow package-h/c/i, with 1.6 roller rockers and also the usual bolt ons, only thing he doesn't have is a CAI. Car was run full weight with leather seats, Mach 460 sound system, and power everything. He's never had it tuned but he went 13.12 @ 106.08 with a 1.93 60', I'd say you're doing pretty decent with your combo. You'll probably pick up another tenth or so cooling it, and maybe another 2-3 tenths in 60'. All said and done, in good air and a good 60', and you hitting the shifts right, I wouldn't see any reason why you wouldn't be in the 12.90s-13.0s @ around 106-108MPH.
I appreciate the reply. I hope your right, I would be very pleased to get the car into the 12's at 106-108mph. Hopefully cool weather and some good 60's will do the trick. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Ditch that 3.73 and get some sticky tires and drive it like you stole it. Then you will be in the 12s.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
You cant base your cars performance on one run, their is way too many factors.
If your car is really 3500+ than low 13's maybe high 12's is about all yoru gonna get.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Like I said get some seat time and the ETs will start to drop. I went from 13.8-13.9s to 13.3-13.4s just from learning to drive it.

Also you could detach your front sway bar at the track with a deep well 15mm on one side. It will allow you to transfer weight better thus resulting in a better 60ft. One tenth in the 60 is two tenths in the 1/4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts