Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at my sig, is it time to go to full 3" exhaust? I think i'm making enough power to do the swap and I want to know if it will be beneficial.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Unless you want a LOUDER exhaust, I don't think you are even close to where you have to upgrade to a 3" exhaust! I run low 11's and hope for high 10's this year and still don't think that my 2.5" exhaust is hurting me. I say don't waste your money! Get that car to hook first!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3" exhaust

Will putting on this 3" system (3" prochamber & 3" dumps) hurt my performance in my car? Will I lose any power or torque? What if I just put on the 3" dump system?

·
Formerly BLOWN1989SALEEN
5,755 Posts
your 118mph trap doesnt seem like you would benefit from 3" just louder may even loose a little power

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With 3" exhaust, I would that that I might.."MIGHT" lose a little torque down low but gain more hp and a little torque on the top end? Is this true? Also, if I just decided to do the 3" produmps, would that be bad? I figure I would gain power from doing that and make it a little deep & louder! :evil:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
run a 3" x-pipe and dumps ,,if you think that you lost some power you could just put 2 1/2 tail pipes on it and it will sound so nice

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the solution

I've decided that I am not going to do the FULL 3" exhaust but I will still be putting on the 3" Mac Pro Dump system. Will I lose power just from doing this? I want it to be louder, will it be louder?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Re: Here is the solution

mlb585 said:
I've decided that I am not going to do the FULL 3" exhaust but I will still be putting on the 3" Mac Pro Dump system. Will I lose power just from doing this? I want it to be louder, will it be louder?
Yes, it will definitely be louder, my car had 3" Mac stuff installed on it when I got it, it's overkill, and very loud but I like it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
comments?

Any other comments on my choice to just do 3" Mac Prodump exhaust? (performance and other comments)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Well, you sound like you have your mind made up already, so get the 3" if it makes you feel better.

I personally wouldn't spend the money at that power level, especially since you seem to want it for sound only.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The money is already spent but I just want to know, for my satisfaction, if the car will lose power just from bigger mufflers.....I don't think so but what does everyone else think?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
So few cars actually require 3" exhaust. Most people could get away with leaving the 2.25".

The bottom line.......bigger is not always better.

·
Registered
150 Posts
what does everyone think of my combo ? its Mac LT's 1 3/4 3 inch collector, 3 inch prochamber and 3 inch dumps. I have a 347 10.6-1 comp ratio stage 2 ported Afr's etc....nitrous will be on the way in the next 6 months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts