Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a mallory hyfire 6 box and when I tried out my two step my car went lean but it smelled rich is this normal?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
The car actually goes rich on a two step because the ignition box is cutting spark and allowing fuel to build up.

EMS then compensate with O2 correction to lean it back out again, which is not a desirable effect. That can create a dead spot when you let the transbrake button go.

Ideally you want O2 correction off during transition area and post launch, and if necessary on up top.

·
Registered
553 Posts
If the 2-step cuts spark, it is creating an ignition miss resulting in unburned fuel and OXYGEN. Thus, the Wideband will indicate a lean condition. If your foot is to the floor, it should be in open loop so no fuel adaptation will occur based on the false reading.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
If the 2-step cuts spark, it is creating an ignition miss resulting in unburned fuel and OXYGEN. Thus, the Wideband will indicate a lean condition. If your foot is to the floor, it should be in open loop so no fuel adaptation will occur based on the false reading.
X2
You will have raw girl coming out the exhaust BUT it will show as a lean condition on the oxygen sensor because the sensor is monitoring oxygen, not fuel.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
X2
You will have raw girl coming out the exhaust BUT it will show as a lean condition on the oxygen sensor because the sensor is monitoring oxygen, not fuel.
By oxygen sencer do you mean wide band cause that's where I'm seeing it lean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts