Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my car done. I just have to replace the clutch and address some crank case issues. My build is a 339ci stroker in a 94 cobra. 185cc AFR heads, cobra intake ported, aeromotive a1000 system E85 fed. 70 mm modified on3 kit. Makes 615ish very conservative. It has strange drag shocks and team Z springs. It hooks very well on the street. Hoosier 3353017 drag radials. Oh built tremec 3550 manual transmission.

IS THIS A 7.0 CAR IN THE 1/8?

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Calculator does not care about auto or stick. It is a mathematical formula that states it takes "X" hp to propel "Y" weight to "Z" ET. It is pretty damn accurate. It assumes maximum traction, it assumes car is driven properly, it uses an "average" number for coefficient of drag. If your chassis is not set up properly, if you do not have good traction, if you suck shifting a manual trans......well, then your results will probably suck.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hook up like a who*re on the street. I can shift well. I think 7s is reasonable considering I will be making more than 615 and I do have a few weight reductions (racing seats, aluminum heads, aftermarket block, no sway bar, rear seat delete coming soon)

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
I hook up like a who*re on the street. I can shift well. I think 7s is reasonable considering I will be making more than 615 and I do have a few weight reductions (racing seats, aluminum heads, aftermarket block, no sway bar, rear seat delete coming soon)
If you can not get a 7.0 out of it then something is wrong.

·
Registered
676 Posts
As is almost always the case in discussions of ET, 1/8 or 1/4, it's all about your 60 foot.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to run 7.0 index. I am new to drag racing and that looks like a easy class to run. To bad you can't use a two step. I think the car will straight hook. It does on the street... I don't the my 335/35/17 Hoosiers can be used in 7.0 index

1 - 9 of 9 Posts