Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have on3 kit with 76mm ball bearing turbo on my 97 cobra. i have a aeromotive stealth 340 in tank pump with 80# injectors. i have been talking to a few tuners and one told me i need to put a t-rex inline pump. what kind of power can i make without the t-rex? if it will cost me alot of power i will get one? it's a stock bottom end so i'm only looking for 8-9# of boost.

·
Registered
753 Posts
What base pressure? These 340's dont really flow all that well real world when they get hot. With 80lb injectors and 40psi base pressure probably support around 550rwhp.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, when someone says the "block" will break I interpret that as "shortblock" or "longblock" which includes rotating assembly. That will let go before the pump falls short.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, when someone says the "block" will break I interpret that as "shortblock" or "longblock" which includes rotating assembly. That will let go before the pump falls short.
ya cuz those forged piston and forged crank ain't worth a #### are they? lol i have seen those stock short blocks run on 14psi all day long. its called tuning

·
Registered
383 Posts
Pump should do 500-550whp depending on how efficient the motor/turbo combo is

·
Registered
527 Posts
ya cuz those forged piston and forged crank ain't worth a #### are they? lol i have seen those stock short blocks run on 14psi all day long. its called tuning
B head cobra engines only came with a forged crank. The pistons and rods are not.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will there be any benifits of having the t-rex or i'm good with just the 340? i would hate to leave hp on the table over a $250 in line pump.

·
Registered
383 Posts
will there be any benifits of having the t-rex or i'm good with just the 340? i would hate to leave hp on the table over a $250 in line pump.
I heard the T-Rex pump does not do anything, read on some forum a tuner added it in-line to the system with a boosted 4.6 and it helped 0%

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I'd say you'll be fine with that pump, but the injectors are a bit overkill. 60#ers would support what you're looking at no problem.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'm just getting it tuned with 340 pump. i also have a snow stage3 kit so that should help with making some more power. as far as the 80# injectors when i bought my kit from chris at pas he said go with 80#. i'm having frank soldridge tune my car and he is great at what he does. i hoping for 550rwhp.

·
Registered
865 Posts
How is he gonna break a teskid block?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Where does it say teskid? I read stock bottom end

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
That 340 should out flow the svt pump and I made 526/550 on a single svt pump(I think I did have a bap on it though). I have not pushed a single 340 pump myself but I cannot see how it wouldnt at least be good to 550+. There is a chevy 2500 at the track making mid 600's on a 76 and a single 340 pump

Also 8-9psi really is the threshold for the stock bottom end. I scattered my 99 and destroyed my block at 9.5psi

1 - 20 of 21 Posts