Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the 2009 Shelby GT500's that were originally shipped to California come with any weird emission stuff or less HP? I just remember in the past when I looked at the ordering info for a new Ford, it always had "California Emissions" as a option you could specify. Didn't know if that applied to the 09 GT500's. Thanks

·
Registered
35,457 Posts
Did a bunch of internet perusing on this a while back for a friend of mine. There's tons of wrong info out there - because there's no good way to tell what's right. Near as I can tell, there's no performance difference in 2009 between a CA certified and a non-CA GT500. CA required new cars to meet the SULEV (vs. ULEV) standard that many other states did not have to meet. This required things like special vapor canisters, sealed fuel systems, stainless fuel lines, etc. ULEV is an Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle; SULEV is Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle. I guess when they kick it up another notch it will be SDULEV for Sooper Dooper....

And here's a bump to see what others know about it.

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Michael, Thanks for the info. I had heard that California was stricker on emission stuff, but did not know what all was involved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts