Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'93 LX hatch with IRS conversion here, and am looking for help in picking out some suspension pieces.

Currently:
*front has stock struts with BBK specific rate lowering springs. I do have a set of BBK camer/caster plates ready to install.
*rear has stock '03 Cobra Bilsteins with H&R specific rate lowering springs. Also run a diff brace and poly bushings.

I realize this is very nicely mismatched front to rear, however the car still handles leaps and bounds better than with the SRA.

My end goal would be to go with something like a full blown coil over set-up from Maximum Motorsports. I like that one of their test cars is an IRS Fox...however if that are any other companies out there with a solid reputation I'd love to hear of it. I've been detached from the Mustang scene for the past 5+ years so I'm not fresh on what's good.

I don't track the car, just want something to smooth out the ride a bit without breaking the bank. I kindof look at this strut/shock purchase as a temporary bandaid until I can spring for the real deal set-up in a few years from now. For now my thought was to go with a cost effective front strut and put the caster plates in, call it a day. The Bilsteins are in great shape, my fronts are shot...so perhaps finding something to match the charateristics of the Bilstein is a good idea?

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts