Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm converting my car to an IRS rear suspension and I need to order my differential and bearings so I wanted to know if the differential/pinion bearings are the same as the straight axle? Also, what differential is recommended? I'm leaning towards the Torsen T2R. The car sees a little bit of everything, street/track/strip, etc so it needs to be versatile. The car has been converted over to an all aluminum 4v and twin turbo. Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm converting my car to an IRS rear suspension and I need to order my differential and bearings so I wanted to know if the differential/pinion bearings are the same as the straight axle? Also, what differential is recommended? I'm leaning towards the Torsen T2R. The car sees a little bit of everything, street/track/strip, etc so it needs to be versatile. The car has been converted over to an all aluminum 4v and twin turbo. Thanks

Mike
You may also want to consider the True-Trac. I doesn't offer as much torque bias as the t2r but it is supposed to handle drag strip launches better. If money is not problem, consider the gold-trac or black-gold. I don't know much about the last two and I don't know where to buy them.

Rob

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never heard of the last two. I don't have an unlimited budget, however, I won't go cheap just to save $. I'll save to get the right piece.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts