Ford Mustang Forums banner

IRS alignment??

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  67cougar 
#1 ·
I've tried C-C but couldn't come up with anything.. What are some good specs for an aggresively driven, lots of track time IRS equipped car?? Car will have stickys on it for track duty, and Nitto555's on it for DD duty...

Suspension is almost completely redone, bushings, strut/shocks, race springs etc etc..

#3 ·
I run -1.0 camber and 1/8" toe in for a daily driver/autocross car on 240 treadwear tires.

#4 ·
-1.2* Camber and 1/16" toe-in here.
Street & open-track driven car
The slight toe-in is important because of the bumbsteer characteristics of the IRS. As the suspension squats, you want it to end up at a neutral steer instead of going toe-out and getting some rear steer. It can become pretty unpredictable when that happens.

#5 ·
For aggressive track use I'd use -2 camber and 1/8 toe in. Equally important is to get a good bumpsteer (Maximum Mototsports). Adjust the bumbsteer so you have very little to no toe out under compression.
To get -2 camber you may have to file the slot in the upper control arm. Along with making the slot bigger, you will need to massage the concentric bolt washer, by adding a weld beed to widen it.
Call Maximum Motorsports for all the needed parts / gauge, and details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.