Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of airbags for the Cobra IRS and haven't came up with much. What brand is everyone using, what is the price, and where do you get them. Also how much hop do they typically eliminate? I broke my halfshafts this weekend and will hopefully have them warrantied but do not want to do it again.

Thanks for the replies!

:mad:

-Rick

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Air bags won't help the hop. You can preload the right side by using 15 psi more than the left side and it will help your car come out straighter. Summit Part Number AIR-60797, $62.95 in 99, still on my car after the swap to a live axle.
Joe Lynch

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
not to get off-topic: But under what conditions (tire, RPM, etc) did you brake your factory halfshafts?

:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
IRS

I BROKE ONE LAST YEAR AT MILAN. THEY COVERED IT, NO QUESTIONS. DID YOU BRAKE BOTH. WHEN YOU DO TAKE IT IN HAVE THEM LOOK AT YOUR POSI. UNIT ALSO. I PUT 4:10'S ON MY CAR OVER THE WINTER AND FOUND GEAR DAMAGE ON MY POSI. HAD TO BUY A NEW ONE!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cobra90GT: Factory tires at normal pressure and a 2,000 rpm clutch drop. I was pretty suprised when it happened but knew as soon as it did what it was. St. Thomas hooked very hard, slight hop then hooked and boom!

-Rick

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
99SaleenSpeedster said:
Cobra90GT: Factory tires at normal pressure and a 2,000 rpm clutch drop. I was pretty suprised when it happened but knew as soon as it did what it was. St. Thomas hooked very hard, slight hop then hooked and boom!

-Rick

Yikes.....sorry to hear about the bad luck. :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
The combo of Airbags, shocks, struts gets me no wheel hop with my 350rwhp. I havn't had hop at the track or on the street.

Of course I still have stock gears, stock tires, and my track is real slippery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts