Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Inverted dome pistons for Outlaw AFR 165 heads.

I have a set of what appear to be Outlaw (D port exhaust) AFR 165 heads. I haven't checked the chamber cc, but they appear to be the 58cc chambers (small quench near plug, large quench opposite plug)

I'm going to surface the heads because of scratches, which will reduce my chamber cc even more. Not good for a Blower engine.

I would like to find an inverted dome piston that mirrors the heads chamber in order to get as much quench as possible.

Does anyone know of a piston that will somewhat match the 58cc Outlaw AFR 165 combustion chamber?

These will be going into a stock low mile 88 HO 5.0. (While I'm inside, I'll rebuild and most likely buy an Ed Curtis cam)

Thanks
Ken

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Is not an inverted dish a dome? And you invert a dome to get a dish. Maybe I am missing something, or the nomenclature is confusing me...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is not an inverted dish a dome? And you invert a dome to get a dish. Maybe I am missing something, or the nomenclature is confusing me...
Doh,
You are absolutely correct, should have been inverted dome.

In an attempt to get the best quench that is reasonably possible, I'm looking for a piston that mirrors the combustion chamber (an inverted dome) of the AFR Outlaw 165 and not a round dish in the center of the piston.

Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks
Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts