Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Yup, sure looks like it.

It also looks like the fabricator made up some 2 piece rotor/hub assemblies and adapter plates to fit the PBR calipers
onto the Fox spindles for the first iteration and changed it to this(?):

Interesting work.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never seen anything like it. The "fake strut" is what kinda' got me.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think it might be an old IPS suspension.

That "fake strut" looks like it's just to extend the spindle to an upper a-arm.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yep that is an IPS SLA reactive kinematics superduper leghump suspension.

Homemade was about the quality level. "Designer" Corey Shaw spewed more bull.... than all the steers in Texas. Mostly it just bottomed out a lot and then broke with no chance of replacement parts. That is, if parts were delivered in the first place.

·
Registered
77 Posts
that is a Maiers Body kit i think, they specialize in autocross etc. I like it to be honest. Love the wide meats.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since we're picking at it.... :) I'm sure the Sumitomo HTR tires have the equivalent grip of a 205 Hoosier A6. ;)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Since we're picking at it.... :) I'm sure the Sumitomo HTR tires have the equivalent grip of a 205 Hoosier A6. ;)
Well since you are picking at it.. they do quite well on the street, and for the price of $90 each you cann't beat it. Haven't had it on a road course yet, but will plan on a different tire/wheel combo at the point. Had it on some concrete Autocross course and the Sumitomo's did quite well. O and they do very well on the Dragon's Tail aka Deal's Gap.

The front and rear suspension are the products of Shaw. I believe the front setup is called the 'Contex Control' and the rear setup is a 'Watts Link' style.

I absolutely love the car and bought for soul purpose of street driving, It's underpowered like no under. I have found the remnants of a ProCharger kit once installed, but my plan is a 32V 4.6 with a power adder..

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Yep that is an IPS SLA reactive kinematics superduper leghump suspension.

Homemade was about the quality level. "Designer" Corey Shaw spewed more bull.... than all the steers in Texas. Mostly it just bottomed out a lot and then broke with no chance of replacement parts. That is, if parts were delivered in the first place.
I am so glad I have bought up spare parts as I find them. This car gets ran real hard and thank god I have not had any mishaps with parts breakage. I rebuilt the QA1'a last year and that helped alot!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well since you are picking at it.. they do quite well on the street, and for the price of $90 each you cann't beat it. Haven't had it on a road course yet, but will plan on a different tire/wheel combo at the point. Had it on some concrete Autocross course and the Sumitomo's did quite well. O and they do very well on the Dragon's Tail aka Deal's Gap.
First, thanks for chiming in. I've also ran those tires. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but your experience in tires is quite limited, yes? The 90$ Sumi's are great for holding air and rolling...but as for performance they're quite lacking with other similar treadwear rated tires.

I think it's a badass car nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
The 90$ Sumi's are great for holding air and rolling...but as for performance they're quite lacking with other similar treadwear rated tires.
Agreed. I've driven a LOT of tires on the track on a wide variety of cars. I ran the HTRs on my car for a short time and hated 'em. Grip was ok, but the wors thing about them was the noist. Horrible road noise after a few thousand miles.

On the track their grip waws somewhat less than other tires, including the Kumho AST's that replaced them. they did howl like a banshee at th4e limit though, which is a good warning for novice drivers that they're aproaching the tire's limit.

Replace those with some dedicated R-compound track tires and prepare to be amazed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts