Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my own Turbo kit and do not want more than 400-410 rwhp.
The Turbo used is 62 mm.

The intercooler I found here has a core size of 8.3" ( height) x 25" ( width ) x 1.9" ( thickness ). The reason why I am thinking of this is because importing an intercooler will cost me a lot.

Will it flow sufficiently or will it hinder performance? I will also be using this with a methanol injection kit for more cooling.

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
that will be a restriction and i would not try using it. You need it to be at least 2.5" thick at the minimum but recommended that it be 3" thick. Also needs to have 2.5-3" inlet and outlet. you can have a local shop build you an intercooler

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I think I'd probably forget the ic and see how much hp you can make with just the methanol injection.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I think I'd probably forget the ic and see how much hp you can make with just the methanol injection.

+1. When i ran a vortech i made 461rwhp @ 11psi with meth and no IC. Was my daily driver back then

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You could a cheap cxracing intercooler and be fine up....

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I'm quite sure you could get 400 rwhp with that cooler... BUT - why build a turbo motor for only 400 rwhp? That's like dating a supermodel and putting a bag over her head when you sex her.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Instead of starting a new thread I'll post this here...

I've got a cx bar and blate 31x12x3 3"in/out. Will this intercooler work for 600rwhp? I'm also running alky inj.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Instead of starting a new thread I'll post this here...

I've got a cx bar and blate 31x12x3 3"in/out. Will this intercooler work for 600rwhp? I'm also running alky inj.
I've ordered something similar to yours and I'm sure it supports 500 rwhp, no idea regarding 600 though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Can you translate? HxLxW...The end tanks look the same as what the cx racing bar and plate kit but are shipped from cali and I can read the description:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts