Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the point of triming my front bumper to make room for my intercooler. Trying not to jack this up, any idea's or pics? Keep in mind I have a/c which takes more room for condenser.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am at the point of triming my front bumper to make room for my intercooler. Trying not to jack this up, any idea's or pics? Keep in mind I have a/c which takes more room for condenser.
Don't have ac and my is a 86GT, i trimmed my steel bumper support to lighten the nose but found it useful when i installed my intercooler. I tilted my intercooler so i didn't have to trim the bumper cover.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One sweet looking 4 eye there. After looking at mine this wouldn't work. At this point I am thinking I will need to completely relocate my condenser forward torwards the engine to get the room I need. Don't get me wrong I could cut my bumper with everything in the stock position, this would look like poo. With the condeneser in the stock location my bumper will require complete butchering to make intercooler fit. Going for the stealth or clean look.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Treadstone intercooler fit perfect in the hole in front of the a/c condenser
no trimming inside. Little bit of trimming to bumper for outlet tube, but its also a 3.5" big tube.
GT would not need trimmed. Also cut some holes for better airflow.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

By jturmanator, shot with COOLPIX L5 at 2008-09-10

Thanks for the replys.
I didn't want to trim the three supports. Did I mention I want to keep as stock as possible. My intercooler does not touch in the middle of my bumper, just where the pipes connect on the outside. I was hoping someone had pics of how they trimmed the outer edge. I'm being picky.

My intercooler is 23.5 X 11.5 X 3

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was going to keep the air on my car until I saw that I was going to have to cut all the supports. So I just went ahead and took the condensor off and said the hell with it.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I didnt have to cut anything behing bumper, had to trim the front bumper only a little
using the Treadstone intercooler with A/C condenser still in place.

Tight fit, but looks good and works fine.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
So did anyone do it?

So did I miss it or did anyone put an innercooler on with out cutting the front bumper on a coupe?

I don't want to have to do that. any help? how about a innercooler that goes flat under the car? Thanks Rob

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quicktime kit does require trimming of the bumper cover.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Here's a few:

Its pretty much invisible from the outside and quite a few people ask me why I don't run an intercooler :) :

There are 7 nice holes cut from the underside of the front bumper. I don't have a great pic of it in photobucket, but if you squint in this pic you can see it:
http://motorcitynationals.com/v-web/gallery/album365/DOC6014

-J

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So did I miss it or did anyone put an innercooler on with out cutting the front bumper on a coupe?

I don't want to have to do that. any help? how about a innercooler that goes flat under the car? Thanks Rob

By jturmanator, shot with COOLPIX L5 at 2008-09-24

By jturmanator, shot with COOLPIX L5 at 2008-09-24

This is where I'm at with mine. Still have some trimming to do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts