Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got to the power level where the respectable $200 Chinese intercooler needed an upgrade.

After much research I learned that the largest core that will fit is a 28x12x5.1 that is sold by a number of vendors. I learned that it is manufactured by ATP but sold by a number of vendors. I ended up getting the best price from Jose at Forced Inductions, it shipped from Turbonetics and had Spearco branded instructions. Precision and Garrett market the same core but it is much more expensive.

Cal Hayward (another fellow true street guy) helped with the fab work). We built tanks that have large volume and are centered on the core to maximize air flow.

It fit really well in the front of the car and required no additional cutting vs the old intercooler.

You will also see a new 3.5 aluminum cold side, flipped intake and dual 50 mm BOV.

We are closed to getting everything buttoned back up.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Who the heck is that guy??

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The two guys in that picture have poor taste in pizza...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Looks good!! Saw the updates on TTF, i did the same thing to my R intake when I we made the 4"dp. But I stayed with the chinese ic. Did you ever check the psi drop on the chinese ic?
Awesome fab work you guys did, should run even faster now. Bottom 8s?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping to get over 170 mph. I never checked pressure drop.

·
Registered
865 Posts
What power were you making with the chinese ic?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Good looking work for sure. Im still rocking the cheap 4" intercooler for sure but im now where near your leavel.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Wow!!! That ic is HUGE!!!

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have that same intercooler but from chisel. Would appreciate more close up pics on how you have it mounted. How your bumper is supported and if you modified your rad support to help it fit. It would help me out alot. Was a little concerned about fitting this in my lx as I was not expecting this intercooler when I opened the box lol. Way overkill for my street car.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The radiator support is not modified. The intercooler is bolted to the area where the factory bumper connects.

You can see how bumper cover is supported.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts