Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a question if I should keep my intake. I have tf 38cc heads with there stage 2 cams. The usual bolt ons cai-long tubes-all that stuff I was wondering if the edelbrock intake for the 2v would be overkill since I’ve seen some mix reviews. I’m staying n/a for now probably only next mod would be some 3.73 gears if that matters thanks in advance.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The eddy intake has a higher powerband range than the stock Pi intake. Since you got some serious heads and cams you will need something to keep up so I would say go for it .

·
Registered
16 Posts
All the reviews/charts/comparisons I have seen suggest that the stock PI is better within the normal RPM range, and the Edelbrock (and even Trick Flow) pieces lose a fair bit of torque down low. If you plan to rev it considerably higher, or if you eventually plan to add boost, the Edelbrock unit would be worth considering. Otherwise, it might not gain you much (if anything).

Me personally, after dealing with leaking plastic intakes, I'd certainly consider opting for an all aluminum piece.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Unfortunatly the all aluminum intake isnt much better. Wether it,s called the typhoon,qualifer.. or whatnot they all suffer from the same poor casting issue who cause the alternator tower mount on the coolant passage to crack and cause a leak. I had two of them fixed fro custommers by being tig welded around that area.

Belive me , the ford intake isnt that bad at all for the price

1 - 5 of 5 Posts